PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Poker Mountain

thetman
02-11-2005, 01:41 AM
Despite several emails, support at Poker Mountain refuses to properly credit my bonus. That's not a good sign for a new site!!!

lucas9000
02-11-2005, 01:44 AM
not very friendly of them.

tdarko
02-11-2005, 02:05 AM
other than support how is the site?

Russ McGinley
02-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Can you provide a little more info? Did you write an e-mail every 5 minutes and lose it after the 4th one? How much time are we talking about here?

BigBluffer
02-11-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Despite several emails, support at Poker Mountain refuses to properly credit my bonus. That's not a good sign for a new site!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you enter the bonus code when you registered your new account (as opposed to trying to enter it when you made a deposit)? There is no place to enter a bonus code on the deposit form.

My wife and I just registered and both of our accounts reflect the correct Pending Bonus dollars. Also, we immediately withdrew our deposits and the funds were back in our Neteller accounts instantaneously.

Steelers36
02-11-2005, 09:20 AM
I had no problem with getting my bonus immediatly upon registering.

Played a little with Countduckula last night was a decent game at the 1-2 table.

Steelers36

CountDuckula
02-11-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly do you mean? When I created my account, I entered the promotional code, then I deposited. It didn't get credited immediately, so I wrote them, and they fixed it and replied within 20 minutes (this was around 8 or 9pm, EST). After that, as soon as I played the first 100 raked hands, I got $10 of it moved into my account. Everything looks good to me; are you sure you followed the correct procedures?

-Mike

CountDuckula
02-11-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had no problem with getting my bonus immediatly upon registering.

Played a little with Countduckula last night was a decent game at the 1-2 table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it was! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I left there up about $45. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wonder what the others thought when you mentioned the brown trout? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Yads
02-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I've found their support to be pretty good. I used the free tourney chip I got from them and their software crashed an aparently they still had me play (finished 4th btw.) I asked them to credit me the chip back and they replied pretty quick and credited me the chip.

Al P
02-11-2005, 01:50 PM
You gotta play in your underwear to get the boner err bonus.

LondonBroil
02-11-2005, 03:04 PM
I signed up last night and forgot to put in a bonus code. I sent them an email asking them if they could credit it and I got a reply back in 6 minutes saying that they had gone ahead and credited me the bonus and gave me one free tourny credit or something. Very good customer service so far IMHO.

ace_in_the_hole
02-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I just cashed out some money from party to neteller... How long till the funds show up in my neteller account? Also I ahve read posts from people that say they immediatley cashed out from poker mountain, what money do you use to clear the bonus when you do this. Thanks.

ace_in_the_hole
02-11-2005, 04:09 PM
How many tables can you play at once? Just 1?

CountDuckula
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just cashed out some money from party to neteller... How long till the funds show up in my neteller account?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, instantly.

[ QUOTE ]
Also I ahve read posts from people that say they immediatley cashed out from poker mountain, what money do you use to clear the bonus when you do this. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to buy back in if you cash everything out. What I did was cash out $150 out of about $175, so I could go whore PokerNow. I played last night on the remaining $25 (actually $24.75, IIRC), and worked it up to $70, earning some 50 raked hands toward my next $10 to be released (I still have $70 in my pending bonus account).

The reason some people are cashing out is to go off and do something else, planning to come back later and redeposit to work off the PM bonus. There is no expiration date on this bonus, so it's feasible to do so.

-Mike

CountDuckula
02-11-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many tables can you play at once? Just 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played on 2 tables a couple of times. There aren't that many games going yet, so it's a little hard to find more active tables to play at. They offer Omaha and O8, but I've never seen any active tables for those; I only see about 4-5 cash tables going at any one time. I have yet to succeed in playing in SNGs there.

They need more players to become viable. I think that's something of a Catch-22 for them, which is why they're offering such a generous bonus; I suspect a lot of people are going there, looking around, seeing the lack of activity, and wandering off to a busier site. But the games that are going on seem pretty soft.

-Mike

ace_in_the_hole
02-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Just to be sure, the bonus code is "CARD"?

CountDuckula
02-11-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to be sure, the bonus code is "CARD"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used a different one that I got from cardplayeronline.com. I think they prefer that the codes not be shared here, so that they can more accurately track the effectiveness of their ads, so I've been trying to respect that. I think they've had a clickable ad on 2+2 over to the right that contains the same offer; I don't see it now, but I imagine if you wander around, you'll see it.

-Mike

CountDuckula
02-11-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just cashed out some money from party to neteller... How long till the funds show up in my neteller account?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, I just realized you were asking about Party cashouts, not PM! Party usually takes me a couple of hours or so. When I withdrew the $150 from PM, I went straight to Neteller, and it was already there!

-Mike

ace_in_the_hole
02-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Thank you. Do you think you could PM the code you used? Thanks.

BigEndian
02-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I also had no troubles. My only gripes about the site are a) they list the free games with the real money and the real money filter doesn't seem to work (probably haven't figured it out) and b)Chat and hand histories are disabled for me for some reason (probably something else I haven't figured out).

- Jim

fundmyhabit
02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
BigEndian--

If you email support they will activate your chat. I'm not sure if Hand Histories are functional yet. Mine are also disabled. You may ask support and let us know what you find out.

BigEndian
02-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Did so and received a response in 10 minutes...

a) the chat box being disabled is a bug for when you log in for the first time. According to support, it resolves itself.

b) the hand histories are not implemented yet.

Those of you who post to other poker forums, do this place a favor and post a link for them. They seem eager to please...

- Jim

TxBuckeye
02-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I'll just add, I signed up, entered CARD in the code box, deposited $500 and was credited the bonus. I then cashed out (waiting for more action) and before I could even log in to Neteller, the cashout was there!

AngryCola
02-11-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you could provide a little more information, we probably would have a better idea of what you are getting at.

KingMedicine
02-11-2005, 10:48 PM
my 2 cents:

i just opened the account. bonus of 500 was added immediately, no problems whatsoever. i played two hands of NL (my nut flush was beaten by runner runner quad jacks) so i lost 3 bucks there. then i played some 1/2 limit and won 3 bucks. cashed out my 500, which hit my neteller literally in 5 seconds, leaving me with 500 pending bonus bucks.

i think there were about 20 people on the site (friday, 7pm pst). 1/2 limit was the biggest game around.

software is BLAZING fast and its pretty easy to navigate. even tho its already been said, this site could be awesome if they can get some players.

im looking forward to returning when they have some traffic, but as for what the title of this thread is, there is NO REASON i can see to avoid poker mountain.

greatbrit
02-12-2005, 04:50 AM
If the description below is not you, could you please email me privately with your username on Poker Mountain, I emailed support today but they couldn't figure out who you are. They told me they had a customer who had forgotten to enter the code when he registered, he emailed support and they gave him the bonus anyway, and the $25 free entry, even without making him play the required 100 hands. But he had complained that he had played 42 hands and wanted bonus credit for those too. Unfortunately support doesn't have the ability to adjust for a partial bonus so couldn't help with that (they thought giving him the bonus even though he forgot to enter it, plus the $25 entry without the 100 hand requirement, was a decent attempt at 'doing the right thing' to correct the situation). So, if that was you, sorry, they did their best, I don't think your subject header is really being fair.

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com