PDA

View Full Version : omg this was frustrating. NOT a bad beat

Hulk Hogan
02-11-2005, 01:31 AM
tonight I was at a decent 2-4 table when this absolute whale shows up. the guy buys in for 15 grand. yes, I am serious. fifteen thousand lol.

anyways, it becomes clear he is there to blow off a LOT of steam (or sucker someone into a heads up match). he started capping every single pot preflop and capping every flop. he would then check call to the river if he hadn't hit anything. basically, he was playing just about the worst poker possible.

so finally he lays a wicked bad beat on one of the dopes at this table, and the guy starts the usual yapping. blah blah blah, you suck, I would own you, etc. finally this #@*&ing rocket scientist challenges the guy to a heads up 30-60 match, which you can't even #&^@ing do. the guy tells him this and says he'll play him 15-30 and of course out Internet Badass Dipshit Hero says he'll play him and own him.

so the nutbar whale says okay I'll go make the table and immediately leaves.

every single person at this table was just bitching the hell out of the moron with $42 who decided to get tough on the net and cause this supernut to leave. I'm sure the but is a fine player who doesn't give a damn about 2-4, and it was obvious to EVERYONE he was just going to donate for quite a while, until this douche challenges him.

god I hate people like that. HATE HATE HATE HATE them. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

/rant off

Nate tha' Great
02-11-2005, 01:52 AM
It would be pretty amusing if the whale is actually Howard Lederer or something and cleaned some 2-4 fish out of his $1100 bankroll in about 15 minutes.

Hulk Hogan
02-11-2005, 01:54 AM
I was thinking about how daniel n was saying that sometimes he likes to go to low limits and raise everything to the max for a little while to blow off some steam.

regardless, it doesn't matter if it was the ghost of stu ungar, the table was owning this guy because he was playing like crap. that is, until someone decided to get tough.

@*(!@&#@#!!~!!!!

Evan
02-11-2005, 01:56 AM
<---------------- From a 2/4 game

I am hardly a whale, but its still fun.

Hulk Hogan
02-11-2005, 02:27 AM
it was you!?

lol you were rotten /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Entity
02-11-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it was you!?

lol you were rotten /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's pointing at the chipstack me made in a 2/4 game, probably at the Borg.

Evan
02-11-2005, 03:48 AM
I assume he knows that since I probably don't look like the guy in his game.

In case he didn't know that, Entity is correct in all of his assumptions. All of this was detailed in our awesome trip reports that everyone should've read.

cold_cash
02-11-2005, 03:55 AM
Unless this guy bought in for 15k in a live 2/4 game, I don't know how the OP could know what he looked like.

That would be cool though.

Evan
02-11-2005, 03:56 AM
I'm like 99% sure this was at a live game.

rmarotti
02-11-2005, 04:06 AM
Links?

Evan
02-11-2005, 04:11 AM
Night 1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1392076&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)
Night 2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1397755&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)
Nights 3 and 4 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=cardroom&Number=1409110&fp art=&PHPSESSID=)

p.s. Every time I try to post links they get fu[/i]cked up, so if these turn out all long and retarded I'm sorry. They look fine in the preview.

Hulk Hogan
02-11-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless this guy bought in for 15k in a live 2/4 game, I don't know how the OP could know what he looked like.

That would be cool though.

[/ QUOTE ]

nono, I thought evan was the one who came to the 2-4 game with 15k. it was on party.

Rocco
02-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Hilarious reading... How I wish we had AC in Sweden. Nothing beats being able to label your fishy opponents by the way they look.