PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the blinds question

snowmen
02-11-2005, 01:08 AM
26/159 , 18 itm , i am in the BB with QJo and ranked 12th , all fold and SB raises 2XBB , i called (he was raising all my blinds, our stacks are equals) , flop T32 rainbow , he raises 4xBB and i go all-in , he has only 1.2 BB so he calls and flips AJo , no help and i am out.Did i play wrong? Should fold to his raise in the flop? Thanks

SoCalPat
02-11-2005, 04:08 AM
First, I need to know blind and stack sizes. I'll give it a whirl nonetheless.

If the SB is truly raising all your blinds, then if I'm playing this hand, I'm pushing PF. QJo is a horrible hand to be merely calling with here. It's either all-in or fold.

Since you didn't, however, the all-in play on the flop is equally bad (I'm assuming you bet the flop -- your details here are sketchy). His flop raise has him pot committed. Now, here's what you're up against:

If the flop nicked him in any way, you've got six outs.

If he has an overpair, you have at best three outs, and very likely could be drawing to runner-runner.

If he has overcards such as yourself, you run the risk of being dominated, leaving yourself only three outs.

Neither of these situations are ones in which I'm willing to make my final stand. I would be sick if I pissed away a potentially good finish on such a hand.

snowmen
02-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks , i have just noticed how bad was my move.