PDA

View Full Version : Missed value bet?

ISF
02-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Opponent is typical party lag. Not completly unreasonably, willing to cap flop with top pair, will atleast put in one raise with any piece of the board.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB
looking back I think that I should bet this river and fold to a raise?

jstirrell
02-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see value in this river raise. What do you think he has after 3-betting the flop and fireing again on the turn? Even if you are sure you had him beat I think attempting to induce a bluff is more profitable here then betting out. The pot is getting kind of big and you have to see a showdown here. You don't want to have to fold if he raises your bet.

Well played.

Alobar
02-11-2005, 12:08 AM
I dont like betting the river, if you thought ure hand was still good you should have raised the turn, or capped the flop or something. If you dont think your hand is good, then betting the river is just dumb, hell just call or raise his hands that beat you (when he might check behind some hands that beat you, out of fear for the ace) and fold the ones that dont.

pfkaok
02-11-2005, 01:40 AM
if he's LAGy I don't think you can bet/fold b/c he's liable to bluff-raise with an A hitting... if you're ahead though then the A might give him reason to bluff, and you can certainly call a river bet with that pot. plus with a LAG he could easily have the 4 for the str8, so calling the river raise would suck. raising turn might not be bad, but i think not betting on river is definately the right play after how the first 3 rounds of betting went.

DrGutshot
02-11-2005, 03:59 AM
check/call 99% of the time unless you have seen him do this with trash before many times

-drg

freemoney
02-11-2005, 04:04 AM
this is the worst spot to show aggression, LAGs will 3 bet the flop trying to catch a free card on the turn and might of had the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and decide to bet the turn again, he also will bluff alot when the ace comes, by checking you minimize your losses and usually maximize your winnings

ISF
02-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the replies I think now with the ace out you are right this is a check call. This guy had just taken this line with me on blind steal type of situations a few times with bottom pair or random over cards. i.e. three betting the flop, betting the turn and checking the river, that the missed river bets were getting to me.
What about if the river was say a 10?
then bet and fold to a raise?