PDA

View Full Version : T9s in the BB, top pair on the flop

digitalis
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
SB is loose and fishy.

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

How was this flop raise?

I felt that there was a very good chance that I had the best hand, even with a marginal kicker and a paired board. Also, a raise here makes it two bets to anyone who has overcards to my vulnerable pair.

If you were in late position with this hand and the two other opponents (both loose) called a bet from the SB, you would call instead of raise right?

Catt
02-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I think your raise is the right play.

If SB bet, was called twice, and it came to me in LP, I would probably call but might fold depending on the table (would definitely not raise). Without the backdoor flush potential I would fold this top pair after a bet and two calls in a 4-player hand.

digitalis
02-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Results below:
SB has 3s Kd (full house, threes full of tens).
Hero has 9h Th (full house, tens full of threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 8 BB.

So I was behind on the flop. It's about time I suckout on someone instead of the other way around!

Hmm, only one reply. I should try to find more interesting hands, but to be honest everything seems to be working perfectly for me right now. I know I'm making mistakes, but usually they aren't very costly.

I guess I'll post some of my most embarrassing hands so everyone can lambast me and I'll never make the mistake again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Catt
02-10-2005, 11:49 PM
After the flop play, the hand plays itself. I actually think the flop play was pretty straightforward, too (you want to be HU with your hand, not playing against three players).

[ QUOTE ]
I should try to find more interesting hands, but to be honest everything seems to be working perfectly for me right now. I know I'm making mistakes, but usually they aren't very costly.

I guess I'll post some of my most embarrassing hands so everyone can lambast me and I'll never make the mistake again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get a lot more benefit out of posting hands in which you were truly lost as to what to do, and remained pretty confused after you review the hand yourself once you leave the tables. Posting those hands where you know you made the right play or know you made the wrong play is probably only beneficial when you discover that you what you "knew" was totally wrong. Commenting on others' hands when you're not confident of the correct play is also very beneficial -- when you've overlooked somehting or are not thinking clearly, the forum will let you know right away, in most cases.