PDA

View Full Version : SNG Obsessed

Djangopoker
02-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Okay, say you've decided to devote your entire life to playing SNG's(i.e. moving to a deserted island that, oddly enough, has cable internet) and you can only bring 5 SNG related poker books.

What are they?

jaydoggie
02-10-2005, 09:16 PM
i couldnt name one

AtticusFinch
02-10-2005, 09:19 PM
1) The Theory of Poker - Sklansky
2) No Limit Texas Hold 'Em - Daugherty & McEvoy
3) Harrington on Hold'Em
4) Tournament Poker for Advanced Players - Sklansky

And my dark-horse pick:
5) Fundamental Secrets of Winning Poker - Mike Caro

pastabatman
02-10-2005, 09:20 PM
What a depressing scenario! I can only think of four:
Theory Of Poker
Harrington On Hold Em Vol 1
Harrington On Hold Em Vol 2
Tournament Poker For Advanced Players

AtticusFinch
[ QUOTE ]
1) The Theory of Poker - Sklansky
2) No Limit Texas Hold 'Em - Daugherty & McEvoy
3) Harrington on Hold'Em
4) Tournament Poker for Advanced Players - Sklansky

And my dark-horse pick:
5) Fundamental Secrets of Winning Poker - Mike Caro

[/ QUOTE ]

But I'd trade them all for access to this forum.

AtticusFinch
[ QUOTE ]
What a depressing scenario! I can only think of four:
Theory Of Poker
Harrington On Hold Em Vol 1
Harrington On Hold Em Vol 2
Tournament Poker For Advanced Players

[/ QUOTE ]

Is HOH2 out yet?

pastabatman
02-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Nope. Hopefully UPS delivers to this island.

lorinda
02-10-2005, 09:29 PM
What are they?

Superfluous

Lori

ChrisV
02-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't know why TPFAP is on so many lists. It was the most useless book I ever read. Completely content-free.

codewarrior
02-11-2005, 12:27 AM
1) almost useless
2) useless
3) useless
4) useless, except for two pages...
5) useless

do you see why? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

johnny005
02-11-2005, 12:33 AM
I THINK ONLY ONE WOULD DO
1) Aleomagus's sng book. (I think he is still working on it)

AlienCorpse
02-11-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, say you've decided to devote your entire life to playing SNG's(i.e. moving to a deserted island that, oddly enough, has cable internet) and you can only bring 5 SNG related poker books.

What are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just ask what are 5 favorite SnG books are? Whats with the deserted island and stuff?

AtticusFinch
02-11-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

do you see why? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, ok, those are just my 5 favorite poker books. I know they're not exactly focused on SNGs. So sue me.

HOH at least has a number of examples from SNGs, though. You might upgrade it to "almost useless" on your list.

Scuba Chuck
02-11-2005, 01:44 AM
If you really want some good reading material, you should ask everyone on this forum their top 5 favorite SnG threads. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hell, even if you got their top 1.

SirJoker
02-11-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you really want some good reading material, you should ask everyone on this forum their top 5 favorite SnG threads. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hell, even if you got their top 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scuba, whats your favorite SNG thread ? besides Aleos ? I'm still learning /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scuba Chuck
02-11-2005, 02:07 AM
My alltime favorite SnG thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1141423&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Be sure to read all the way through, and if the comment from hhughes doesn't hit you, then there's something wrong with you. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Yugoslavian
02-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Ummm, yeah. This is a good thread and all but not necessarily the most informative.

That being said I'm too tired to post any that are informative. Hell, just look at the Curtains/Dali/Willie pissing match that's going on -- that's decent enough.

Or look at that thread that Scuba is rippin' sh!t up in -- that threads probably evne more informative (or studyable).

Or read anything posted by Irieguy where he talks about strategy (this holds for so many other posters).

Or just open any thread that has over 20 posts (and does not include a flame war).

Yugoslav

Scuba Chuck
02-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, but there's nothing funny in those threads. If you're stuck on a deserted island with just reading material, and no internet connection, I wanna laugh!

Well ...I guess there is that beautiful girl thing too.

pastabatman
02-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Is it really the concensus here that you all are beyond gaining *anything* from poker books? Wow - maybe I'm not yet worthy to be even reading posts here - I'm no where near being able to consider TOP dispensable, and HOH, for me, was one enlightenment after another.