PDA

View Full Version : comments on all streets please

nrinker
02-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

milesdyson
02-10-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't get it. Explain the flop check call and the turn bet.

tiltaholic
02-10-2005, 07:39 PM
bet the flop!

yellowjack
02-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Questionable PF decision. In first 3 positions I like to raise/fold unless I have a med PP, where I call hoping for more callers. I would have folded this PF but I particularly dislike big cards w/o the ace because of the possibility of being dominated.

Bet the flop. If he calls, lead out on the turn again. If you get raised, I would call with the intention of betting out the turn, and folding to a raise.

The only reasonable hand that your opponent has at this point (where he raises you on the Qh turn) are AA/KK/AK/KQ. He might even have QQ/AQ because you let him bet the flop out for you.

Since you check-called flop, I would check-call down the rest of the way. I really am confused from there since I saved myself from some information on the flop.

gvibes
02-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Pre-flop aside, isn't this a nice spot to attempt a check-raise on the flop? Get CO along for an extra bet, hopefully. Or are we too worried about giving a diamond draw a free card?

Catt
02-10-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop aside, isn't this a nice spot to attempt a check-raise on the flop? Get CO along for an extra bet, hopefully. Or are we too worried about giving a diamond draw a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right and this is a good spot for a C/R. PFR'er on our left, TP decent kicker, BDFD -- check-raise that flop. It would suck to have it checked through, but I think the likelihood is slim given the prior action.