PDA

View Full Version : Responsible Journalism

08-15-2002, 02:54 PM
First Crazy Canuck said "It's not just about a bad run, when you cash out you have numerous instances of KK vs AA, flopping top pair with flush draw that doesn't improve and you're beaten by two pair etc...when you have the "curse" you drop something like 1 BB/hr."

"Let me give you another example in terms of probabilities. I bought into paradise: first hundred tournies I placed 51 times. Cash out and BAAAAM I didn't place in the next 15 tournies. Set up new account same rate for the first hundred, then cashed out and managed to place once in the next 15 tourneys. And here you can't bring the TILT argument either....I played the exact SAME way."

Then Crazy Canuck said "I DO NOT believe in the cash out curse...just a few weird things happened that could be explained by coincidence."

Now does he or doesn't he? You be the judge. We simply report the news "fair and balanced"!

A responsible reporter

08-15-2002, 04:31 PM
A friend and I were discussing the "cash out curse" theory last week.

It was a long talk and included how it would be bad for an online card room do this in mass

(let alone, do it at all).

We also discussed the rigged software to create action (which is actually financially detrimental to to rake).

His closing statement was really good, so I thought I'd share it.

He repeated this several times...

"There's no such things as ghosts...There's no such thing as a cashout curse...."

But I don't have to build my house next to a graveyard, and I don't have to play at Paradise.

Just a funny conversation.

08-15-2002, 09:06 PM
"But I don't have to build my house next to a graveyard, and I don't have to play at Paradise. "

Wise words indeed.

08-16-2002, 12:34 PM
I was a bit confused by the 2nd post you referenced too, thought we'd lost another soldier to the formidable "ridicule for not conforming" attack

08-16-2002, 12:42 PM
"There's no such things as ghosts...There's no such thing as a cashout curse...."

But I don't have to build my house next to a graveyard, and I don't have to play at Paradise.

Amen. and quite funny as well.