PDA

View Full Version : how to get myself started on the right foot in 6max games?

splashpot
02-10-2005, 03:27 PM
There don't seem to be any books wrtitten specifically for short handed games, so this forum is the next best thing. Only it is a little overwhelming to just jump in and start analyzing hands. Since my short game experience is limited, I doubt my analysis would be very good anyways. Where should I start? Or is there any website that gives a good intro to someone looking to make the switch from full games to short games? Or should I start in one of these threads? What would you suggest for a good intro?

limodude
02-10-2005, 03:48 PM
I asked the same question yesterday. This is the response that I got. It is helpful. Good luck. And for what it is worth, last night was my first night playing 6 max. I just jumped in after doing as much reading here as possible. I think the best thing is to start playing fairly tight and then loosen up once you feel a bit more comfortable. That is what I did and I had 2 good sessions. And as always post hands. Good luck.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=68754&F_Board=headsup&Thr ead=891774&partnumber=&postmarker=