PDA

View Full Version : Is Sunrise in operation?

08-15-2002, 04:35 AM
What about Sunrise? Is it worth taking part in its tournament? It promises $$$ with nothing in return just register. What do you think?

08-15-2002, 06:05 AM
I took a look at their site, but I don't get how the tournament works. I don't think it's just 1 big tournament like pokerstars. Could someone care to explain how this thing works?

08-15-2002, 06:32 AM
it seems like you need to download the software and then click the tournament in the right upper corner. And there you can create a new account and to register - that's it!!! I think.

08-15-2002, 08:54 AM
Stay away from this place....Very, Very, Very bad for your health.

08-15-2002, 10:09 AM
it doesn't look all so bad. why cursing it with no grounds. what was so wrong there? i was playing for fun to try this site and enjoyed the way its software works. i mean it's quick even with my poor connection. and i was pretty tired of the paradise poker's blurry pics. i think it's worth playing there. anyway i'm looking forward to try mysself in the tournament.

08-15-2002, 12:27 PM
the free tourn may be worth playing if they bring all their bots into one game

after a single bet pre-flop you will find that the bots only open the betting or raise if they have trips or better - they call with any pair

it is amusing if the centre is AKx x x and it is checked throughout when you see their AK - or if the centre is 888 x x and all the bots raise each other on every possible bet only to disclose 72o plays 93o

08-15-2002, 01:48 PM
The whole way in which they have marketed themselves (fake posts from insiders on discussion forums saying 'give it a go', spam to personal e-mail addresses etc.) all suggest that they are to be avoided.

If this is how the company behaves then I want nothing to do with it. Shame that it did not have enough confidence in its product to employ and honest and above board approach.

It hardly matters though, as the market for internet poker is saturated. What is needed is for a price war on the rake. Anyone for a $1 maximum rake?

David Young

08-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Mike, I think that is not a secret that other poker sites use bots too. If you don't like bots try to play with real peoples.

Every poker site uses bots at the beginning of its carier, till thay have drawn enough players.

Usually it take some time to do that.

By the way, many players are realy tired of Paradise poker, especialy of their every-time-a-problem software /images/smile.gif IMHO And sunrise looks fresh and attractive. And by the way why not to take part in the tournament you need not to pay for? If thay will be some bots in first tour (and I really doubt about that) surely there will be not any bot in the second tour. I think that you will agree with that Mike. And their free tournament is a really good promo action.

08-15-2002, 05:29 PM
for the most boring, ill-conceived, gratuitous, most OBVIOUS, scumbagging, "shill poster of the MONTH" award.

hire a writer, OR better yet, buy an ad dipstick

08-15-2002, 06:19 PM
i think david young has said it well - their whole modus operandi seems dishonest to me - i've said it before, but their bots are designed so that if you are not used to internet poker - probably their target market - you could really be taken in by the way the bots order drinks from the bar; change drinks; leave tables; enter tables; etc

then the fake post here the other day

i received an e-mail from their support denying that they were using bots - when i answered with exact details and hand numbers that "proved" it, they didn't have the courtesy to respond

as you say, go for the free tourney - but i'm not sure that i could ever trust the card-dealing from a site that has acted like this

however, let's hear from their support, here, admitting to their tactics to date, with a promise to continue in an honest fashion from now on - maybe some of us would then give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a go for a while

... and if they gave a good deal on the rake - who knows?

08-16-2002, 04:37 AM
Guys, if you are obvious partners of the bigger poker rooms it doesn't mean that you need to be so unfair to fling mud at the smaller ones. It looks like a bunch of hungry sharks ready to tear opponents into pieces. It seems it would be fair if players decided themselves where to play. If Paradise is cool that's alright, if Sunrise's better - that's cool too. Players are free to make their choice. That's my idea.

08-16-2002, 10:15 AM
A New Swedish site will have a 1,5$ rake when they open sept 1.

It looks ok software etc.

I just hope they might get big enough to actually start a price war on the rake.

I guess it will be up to the players. If they get traffic- it might happen later.

Personally I dont care cause I play hi8 omaha, and they dont seem to offer that.

08-16-2002, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I was trying out 24HR. I was playing heads-up against someone and a railbird kept asking "ARE YOU A SHILL MSSUNSHINE AT 24HRS?", "WHY WOULDN'T YOU TELL ME IF YOU'RE A SHILL" and the like. Lost $80 and got heckled by one of two players on the site.

MS Sunshine

08-16-2002, 05:56 PM
i've been playing there for the last 2 weeks..never bought in but won money via freerolls, i think the site is average, some of the players have no clue. The no rake till sept 1st is inticing but u have to find a game first. I just made my first cashout, i will tell u how that goes.

jamesburke

08-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Yes, choice is great and all. But,, if they are going to be so dishonest in their approach to marketing.. (like using the pidgeon english site marketing person to post here pretending to be a player named "alien")..

then why would we ever trust them on ANY thing??

I wouldn't put a plugged nickel there, nor would I believe their dealing is random. (Not that I necessarily believe anyone ELSE'S is either, hehe)