PDA

View Full Version : Overbooked Home Game - Suggestions?

Snowslide
02-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I did a search, but didn't find anything.
I have room at my table for 10 players, and am having a game tonight. A couple people coming want to bring a friend or brother who is up from out of town, and I would like to accomodate them. Here is a copy & paste of the game we will be playing tonight:
===========================
We have been playing the following:
No Limit Texas Hold'em Tournement
$5 gets you $500 in chips ($T500)
Unlimited re-buys for 90 minutes.
Blinds increase every 15-20 minutes (Depends on # of players)
You can add-on $5 to start the game ($T1000 for $10), and add-on $T500
at the end of the re-buy period)
We have been modifying the prize pool lately.
2 paid places 80%/20% (Less then 10 players)
3 paid places 60%/30%/10% (10 players)
==============================

So, it looks like we will have about 12-15 players tonight.
This what I am thinking, instead of having one big game, have 3 games going at once, one end of the poker table, the other end of the poker table, and a game at my kitchen table (about 5 feet away from my poker table), and randomly seat players, using a deck of cards. But every 30-45 minutes, reseat everyone randomly again, until we get down to 10 players, then move everyone to the poker table.
What do you people think of this setup?
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
*mike*

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 03:06 PM
If you have another table available to play at (your kitchen table), just run it as a 2-table tournament. Start with 7-8 players per table, move someone (the person next on the big blind works well for me) if the tables are off by 2 players, and consolidate to one table when you are down to 10 players.

guller
02-10-2005, 03:29 PM
I would not randomly reseat every 30-45 minutes. Just move people to balance the tables as needed. If you want to do it randomly download the tournament director and it will tell you when to move people and what seat to move them to.

Good Luck

Snowslide
02-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the tips.
I will probably do the tourney director thing, as my poker table holds 10, while you could squeeze 5 on the kitchen table. SO I will probably treat it as a 3 table (5 person tourney), and do the seat rotations just because playing on the kitchen table sucks! And I would not want to be stuck there my self the whole night, and I am sure no one else would either!
I'll go try and find the software now.

smoore
02-10-2005, 05:23 PM
You could do a three table shootout where the winner of each come together for TEH MONIEZ! Strategy does change a lot though, as you have to beat your whole table to advance. You would play shorthanded the whole time.

Lottery Larry
02-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Use three 5-player tables to start (for 12 players, you could do table of 7 and table of 5). Keep the tables balanced until you can consolidate down to 10 players, then make a final table.

Don't keep reassigning seats- if you get stuck in the kitchen, you get stuck in the kitchen. You'll live