PDA

View Full Version : Numb Encore...

VBM
02-10-2005, 02:58 PM
...is a thumbs down for me.

i was on the fence before, but I decided I don't like it.

here are my reasons;
1. This project would've more fully realized it's potential, in my opinion, if they cut out synthesizers & sampling machines & worked on live instruments.
2. One part of Numb Encore has nothing to do with the other. Jay rhymes about being a super-MC, Linkin Park's dude is singing about being...i dunno, about being emotionally abused by his gf?
3. The kid from Linkin Park who sings...I dunno...he just doesn't sound like a rock singer; he's kinda like, little-boyish...

it's a shame...i'm a big fan of hip hop's extended boundaries, a la the Roots, jazzmatazz, PE & Anthrax, Korn & Ice Cube, RHCP & Snoop, et al.

thoughts? feelings?

Wes ManTooth
02-10-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. This project would've more fully realized it's potential, in my opinion, if they cut out synthesizers & sampling machines & worked on live instruments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, but not just for this, but for most music.

Edge34
02-10-2005, 03:20 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050128/capt.ah20101280551.cow_pie_conflagration_ah201.jpg

Edge34
02-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Original thread you started... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1296462&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

Come on man, you must really love or really really hate this song if you need to start another thread three months later that is EXACTLY the same as the first... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PoBoy321
02-10-2005, 06:12 PM
personally i like a lot of the black album remixes. DJ Dangermouse, Jay-zeezer and this are all pretty interesting refreshing takes on songs that i think are great to begin with even if some of the lyrics that they incorporate don't synch well with the original song. but that's JMO.

VBM
02-10-2005, 06:12 PM
LOL!

fwiw, i thought the steamin' pile was hilarious & every thread here needs one (i'll just get banned if i started doing it)

also you're right; i thought i was more non-committal when i 1st brought it to OOT's attention...but i definitely don't like it now.

as for low jeans...meh. i think ppl are too high-strung...