PDA

View Full Version : Awesome bird

kipin
02-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Awesome Bird (http://media.animal.discovery.com/fansites/petstar/videogallery/season3/ep309_winner.html)

This is pretty amazing, never seen anything like it before.

Joe826
02-10-2005, 03:21 PM
meh, she's pretty hot for animal planet i guess.

Yeti
02-10-2005, 03:28 PM
I'd hit it.

By the way, did I spot AC Slater?

astroglide
02-10-2005, 04:02 PM
african grey parrots are amazing. they live around 80 years too. cockatiels can be very chatty in their own right too, they all just need proper encouragement.

B Dids
02-10-2005, 04:54 PM
This post should have been about my avatar.

Boris
02-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Sweet! I need one of those birds.

astroglide
02-10-2005, 05:06 PM
female ones tend to be less chatty from what i know

Boris
02-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Can you imagine how much poontang a guy could get if he had a bird like that?

peachy
02-10-2005, 05:36 PM
aawww that was too cute!! i laughed so hard when he did the "evil one" too cute!!!

Ponks
02-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Damn that's awesome.

Ponks

wacki
02-10-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
african grey parrots are amazing. they live around 80 years too. cockatiels can be very chatty in their own right too, they all just need proper encouragement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Astro, you are absolutely right. They are amazing. My parents have 2 African Grays. One of them will mimic a phone/beeper/cellphone. When you go and pick it up (because they can do electronic noises amazingly well) and you say hello, they will say hello back and immediately start laughing. They do this all the time. Also, one of my birds (Riley) will call the our dogs over by name and either throw it's food at it or try and climb on board. They are extremely smart and love to do puzzles that you normally give to toddlers. They really are affectionate birds. Riley (on of my grays) constantly regurgitates it's food in my hand in attempt to feed me. He/she doesn't do that to anyone else in the family so I guess I am Riley's favorite.

<font color="white">Ignored, I know. </font>

TBag
02-11-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www.upatsix.com/faq/greyfaq.htm

[ QUOTE ]
In rec.pets.birds the acronym TAG is used to refer to Timneh African Grey.

[/ QUOTE ]

This bird sounds like a winner =P How much did you pay for yours?

Alobar
02-11-2005, 02:49 PM
yeah, african grays have roughyl the same intellect as a 3-4 year old human. so they can do simple math and all that jazz. And just like a toddler they are VERY needy and needs lots of attention. These birds are amazing, but the down side is you spend 80 years with a 3 year old child.

A lot of times, the really shitty thing is that these birds live for so long, they out live their owners, and in alot of cases when the owner dies, the bird just completely shuts down. Which is why they need to be very social and not just bond with only one person, because chances are the bird is going to outlive who ever its "owner" is.

jason_t
02-11-2005, 02:53 PM
someone should hijack this thread and turn it into one about flippin' someone the bird.

...so i point one back at 'em, but not the index, or pinky, or the ring, or the thumb, it's the one you put up when you don't give a [censored]...

wacki
02-11-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but the down side is you spend 80 years with a 3 year old child.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why you get 2 birds and you leave the TV on when you aren't home. It's really not that bad.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of times, the really shitty thing is that these birds live for so long, they out live their owners, and in alot of cases when the owner dies, the bird just completely shuts down. Which is why they need to be very social and not just bond with only one person, because chances are the bird is going to outlive who ever its "owner" is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of this. /images/graemlins/confused.gif It's kind of scary.