This policy extends to any two or more people playing from the

same physical location.

Best Regards,

Steve Morrow

Poker Room Manager

http://www.PokerStars.com

08-15-2002, 03:32 AM
Hello Steve, you no good corporate lackey

After this adverse ruling, I feel there is little for me to do, but cash out and move on to a different poker site.

Which is what I'm planning to do, as soon as I stop winning in your $10-20 Hold'em games and I no longer enjoy playing your tournaments.

John

MS Sunshine

08-15-2002, 04:04 AM
Hi

It's probably for the best. Avoidance of appearance of wrongdoing seems more important than anything else nowadays.

I think on-line players have more to worry about collusion between people with a financial relationship rather than a marital one, and these colluders will be more circumspect, i.e. using cell phones/Instant messaging.

08-15-2002, 04:27 AM
Hey,

The main thing that I got from the whole thing was that the sites can't tell if you are playing from the same house. This is an important finding. I wonder how many people actually play out of the same house. I wonder how many player locations are bogus. I wish the sites would communicate more openly about what is in place to keep the games " on the square". Our concerns about collusion are justifiable. They need to be addressed.

08-15-2002, 05:07 AM
A marital relationship is a financial relationship of the highest order.

Tom D

08-15-2002, 05:44 AM
Yeah, I emailed Steve about a week ago on

the subject.

I told him "I would quit any game where I knew

2 people were from the same household."

I also wrote: "I have played in the same tournament as them.

To me, in all fairness, I do not see this as a problem, since

they have no choice in game (tournament) selection."

He replied with "......We are in the process

of clarifying our policy regarding married couples and

related parties playing on the same table.

I expect that we will have a resolution and

announcement in the next few days.

"

I think they made the best decision, and

I think MS Sun. will be hard pressed to

find another site to allow them to his thing(at least

for long).

Although Steve was already aware of the problem

before my email,

emailing the poker internet manager is much

more productive than posting a message.

Hopefully I wasn't the only one to email him

besides MS.

They do listen.

UltimateBet is another good example..I put a post

here about having 10 handed tables, then

I emailed 5 different people that work for UB.

A week later, they added 10 handed tables for

the $3/6 and $5/10 limits.

Just don't make yourself sound like a lunatic.

I know for some of you that can be hard.

And having a serious name like CreamPuff also

helps.....

08-15-2002, 08:59 AM
LMBO John! Did you really think you were that important, that they wouldn't listen to all the crybabies in here and do away with you??

I dont think you should play in the tourneys anymore either! WOW!

So where you moving tooooooo??? Inquiring minds wanna know. /images/wink.gif

08-15-2002, 09:02 AM
They will be moving to partnerpoker.com, a soon to be released site that ONLY allows pairs of people from the same house to play in the interests of fair play. If you have to play on your own there you will be barred for cheating.

08-15-2002, 09:07 AM
Ur joking right??? Your just now wondering about this?? LMAO the same house??? No could it be!

Go buy another PC and see what you can do!

Better yet... You dont even need to... They have special programming now where you can have up to like...ummmm....errrr... 12 different address all on the SAME PC! So there ya go... Start ur own ring game.... lmao... I'd post the website, but I wouldnt want to advertise such a thing!

08-15-2002, 09:08 AM

08-15-2002, 11:36 AM

08-15-2002, 01:26 PM
... especially if you like cats:

http://home.hetnet.nl/~jmvm/poes/maukie.swf

(move your cursor over the page)

08-15-2002, 01:34 PM
I expect a rash of posts (the soothing voices of reason) telling us we shouldn’t be alarmed or concerned about husbands and wives cheating, that husbands and wives are, by definition, stupid because if they were smart they wouldn’t be married, and that real players shouldn’t have any problem winning lots of money from them.

However, the face of internet poker has changed. Poker sites must be scratching their collective head over what has transpired. They were in a win-win situation where they would be able to open up many new, funded accounts from the same customer base, and husbands and wives would be able to, well...we don’t need to get into that. Now, while the sites are scrambling to “correct” the situation, they must be wondering why, in the name of all that is sacred, would anyone spill the beans.

Tom D

08-15-2002, 01:59 PM
It's a mixed blessing. I like you but you are a much better player than I at pokerstars 10 : 20.

08-15-2002, 02:12 PM
It's very easy to detect this, what you are describing...

Now, different physical locations using IM, that's impossible to detect. Impossible meaning the fact that they are using IM. It's still possible to catch them if they collude, though.

- Tony

08-15-2002, 04:50 PM

08-16-2002, 12:27 PM
why is it okay in tournaments? this seems inconsistant.

08-16-2002, 02:43 PM
Wait until MS Sunshine and Rapunzel both finish near the top of a tournament, then there will be the mother of all e-mail campaigns.

MS Sunshine

08-16-2002, 02:56 PM
"Wait until MS Sunshine and Rapunzel both finish near the top of a tournament, then there will be the mother of all e-mail campaigns."

ROFL.. i had not thought of that.. you're SCREWED

08-20-2002, 09:40 AM
the day rapunzel and ms susnshine both finish at the top of a tourney is the day cows fly through a frozen hell