PDA

View Full Version : searching for an accountant

BIGRED
02-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm in NY metro area and in need of an accountant who can help me with on-line poker income. I know there is a group called RBS (or something like that) out in Vegas that specializes in gambling income, but I'm looking for someone local so I can have face to face meetings if I need to.

2004 is my first year where I have to deal with poker income and I have no idea how to do this. I don't know if reporting poker income requires some special knowledge, but I would feel better getting advice from an accountant who has other semi-pro or pro poker players as his/her client.

I called several accountants around me and none of them have such clients. They also didn't seem to take me seriously when I said I have significant poker income to report.

So, is there anyone in the NY metro area who can point me in the right direction?

BIGRED
02-10-2005, 01:31 PM
I would also appreciate any feedback on RBS (the group out in Vegas) from those who are not near Vegas and have utilized their service via phone and FedEx.

BIGRED
02-10-2005, 02:37 PM
**** BUMP *****

B00T
02-10-2005, 03:27 PM
It's been another hour, and no replies still ((god forbid)) so I am bumping this for him.

37offsuit
02-10-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm bumping this too. Wondering though, are you the BigRed I see on the hi stakes game at the Borgota?

BIGRED
02-10-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bumping this too. Wondering though, are you the BigRed I see on the hi stakes game at the Borgota?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know that the person is "BigRed"? Does he wear a shirt that says that or something? In anycase, I'm not that guy. I did however play at the Borgata several times and went on the wait list as "RED"

Back to the subject at hand... After I posted the original message, I called an acountant referral service and someone called back saying they'll search and get back to me with some names.

Bubu
02-16-2005, 10:29 AM
bump