PDA

View Full Version : Too aggressive with a strong draw?

gopnik
02-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Should I have just called the raise on the flop to keep UTG in the hand? I did not see that MP2 was almost allin.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $0.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

TwoShedsJackson
02-10-2005, 01:14 PM
This is a call on the flop alright, no need to force him out before you hit a hand especially seeing as MP2 is almost allin and is presumably making a stand on a set or overpair.

Only real reason to do it is if you thought he might fold AK or AQ to your 3 bet, which is unlikely, to say the least.

Nick Royale
02-10-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a call on the flop alright, no need to force him out before you hit a hand especially seeing as MP2 is almost allin and is presumably making a stand on a set or overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero's equity is near 50% so I don't mind 3-betting here. UTG might very well call 2 more, but if he folds it's not a catastrophe.

[ QUOTE ]
Only real reason to do it is if you thought he might fold AK or AQ to your 3 bet, which is unlikely, to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding a hand that reverse dominates us must be good to. You might buy outs here. If UTG holds AK you're in a win/win situation, if he folds you get outs, if he calls you still have equity. (not very likely he holds AK/AQ though)