PDA

View Full Version : FT Hand from 11+R last night

ZBTHorton
02-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks to those who sweated me to the final table of the 11+R last night on Stars...here is the hand that knocked me out...I think I misplayed this on every level...but wanted to see how some of you would have played it.

We are at 20/40K blinds. I am in BB. I have an extremely tight table image, I've only seen 10% of my flops for the entire tournament. I basically have stayed afloat blind stealing and winning a few coin flips. The table has been SUPER tight, we haven't seen many flops, and we haven't had an all in yet since we got to the FT about 10 minutes ago.

There are two small stacks around 300K. 4 of us around 500-600K. And 3 people around 1 million.

I look and see AKo. Player in MP raises to 120K, no specific read on him, I decide to call in my BB(I wish I would have pushed).

Flop comes 5-5-3(suits unimportant). I am first to act and push immediately. He calls. Flips over 10-10...I'm done.

I'm really not sure why I played it like this...it was 4:30 in the morning and I was exhausted...but it was still a really crappy way to play.

Would you push pre-flop?
Would you check/fold on the flop?
Is my push on the flop not all that horrible?

Thanks.

jennicide
02-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Need more info on this....if you could post the hand history I could give more of an idea.

ZBTHorton
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Since J-Lo(on the 10+r thread) decided he'd like to see it analyzed I'll post a lil more info.

Both my stack and the MP raisers stack were between 500 and 600K so we were pretty similar.

To answer his question in the post (was this play out of fatigue, desperation, or because I thought I had the best hand)

I think it was mainly a play of fatigue. It was 4:30...I was tired. The table was playing ULTRA tight...no flops being seen...the more I think about it the more I think I shoulda just pushed and then I wouldn't be blaming myself.

Sorry Jenn, don't have the HH.

tiger7210
02-10-2005, 02:51 PM
You know you're going to the felt with this since you decided to push the flop. I would simply reraise here to make your opponent think you have a big pair looking for a call. If he pushes you call and are still in decent shape unless he has AA/KK's. If he calls and the flop comes rags then I'm pushing anyways and putting him to a decision for the rest of his chips. Granted the reraise does technically commit him to the pot, but I've seen players lay down their hand here with 200-300k still behind knowing moving up a spot can make them more money.