PDA

View Full Version : Datamining

QTip
02-10-2005, 12:38 PM
I've seen a couple of posts referring to datamining the last couple of days. I'm assuming that this is simply sitting at a table and download hand histories in order to get info on your opponents. To do this, do you have to be sitting at the table? What do you do, sit and the table and then just sit out for a while? I've never done this, but would like to create a larger database in poker tracker.

Anyone have some pointers for me or perhaps another post has addressed this.

davelin
02-10-2005, 12:41 PM
You only need the table open. You don't need to sit down. Note these files are .hhf files and not stored in your regular HandHistory folder. You can still set up PT to upload these normally.

TwoShedsJackson
02-10-2005, 12:42 PM
You don't need to be sitting at the table, observing will suffice. I open four tables in Party, open PT and Playerview, do something else for ten minutes and the rest looks after itself.

GrunchCan
02-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Your question has been answered enough to get you started, but this question has been addressed many times in other forums. Try internet & software. You may run in to difficulties, and those are the places to find answers.

QTip
02-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks everyone...I'll check it out.

vulturesrow
02-10-2005, 12:48 PM
What they said. I usually open 4 tables and let it roll with PT+Playerview while am watching TV or something. I check every so often until I am ready to play to make sure the table hasnt broken or something.

GrunchCan
02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Create accounts at other skins and datamine more than 4 at once. Make it worth the effort.

QTip
02-10-2005, 12:51 PM
I still haven't heard much about PokerEdge from anyone...I use this to start playing. I was thinking about datamining just to get a large database of 2/4 players, which is where I'll be heading in about a week.

When I get started to play, I open up a party skin, open up PokerEdge with the open table view, open up four tables and the green names are players who are loose, the red names are tight players. I'm wondering why I never hear about this from anyone else.

davelin
02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't know much about PokerEdge but if you datamine regularly, you can get the same information yourself without paying the monthly cost.

Dangergirl
02-10-2005, 02:51 PM
You probably don't hear about Poker Edge because most of us here would rather just datamine ourselves. With Poker Tracker and GT or PV, you can do exactly the same thing. Also, no one here has really ever mentioned Poker Edge much so no word yet if it's trustworthy or not.

QTip
02-10-2005, 02:52 PM
It's trustworthy. Not that I've got PT and GT+, I've been doing some comparisons and they're right on. It just seems a bit easier to scout out the games with PokerEdge. Howevever, I'm going on a month to month contract with PokerEdge, so I might be terminating the contract if I don't find it useful in the future.