PDA

View Full Version : Go easy on me here-but a little help please

limodude
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Last night was my first night in the 6 max level so go easy on me, or not. I acutally had a good night but a couple questions on these two hands

Being out of position here hurt me I think. What else should I have done?
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

After 50 hands the button is a LAP 60/20/.5
So I think I know the answer here but I was a bit to aggressive huh?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (18 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Grisgra
02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Hand #1 I probably bet the turn, or at least check/call. You've got potentially 10 outs, and probably at least 7 clean outs. I think you've got odds to call a turn bet.

Hand #2, people will tell you to fold Q3s in the SB here. They should be ignored. I don't lead the flop, as your hand isn't great -- no backdoor flush, you've got an OESD, half of which is to the ass-end, you want to see a turn for cheap and fold on the flop if it's two bets back to you by the time you have to act again.

So I don't bet the flop, and don't 3-bet it when it comes back to me either. When the button caps I'm thinking he either flopped a straight or a set, though maybe he just has 77 or 88.

Turn is nice in Hand #2, betting is fine, the raise is disturbing but I can't lay it down given the size of the pot. Just can't . . . /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

River . . . ugh. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. Two bets back to me, and for the life of me I can't imagine that with a 4-straight out there that I'm doing any better than chopping. Where I am right now, I can probably find a fold. Since you're starting out, you should call, and suffer like I did when I started out. And hey, maybe you'll chop . . . more likely you'll see a boat and/or a better straight, though. Be very unlikely IMO that you'll see A5 and 77 or somesuch that will allow you to scoop.

stigmata
02-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I cant add much beyond what Grisga said, but.... AQo out of position, on a co-ordinated flop - this is my own Personal Nightmare.

I still have to force myself to push "raise" when I get dealt AQo in the blinds.