PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 with QQ

Sully
02-10-2005, 12:07 PM
I don't know if this is really an interesting hand or not, but it's a good example of being lost the entire way. How do you play this?

SB plays over 50% of hands, with 9% PFR, and is on a roll.
BB 35%/4%
UTG+1 has only seen one orbit, and shown a loose hand or two.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Is a check on the flop correct here? By betting I am either:

a) value betting the best hand
b) charging draws
c) spewing chips when behind

My problem is that I had no idea which option I was choosing, so I bet. Same on the turn.

Any thoughts?

sublime
02-10-2005, 12:22 PM
well, you only had one real decision the entire hand. while its certainly possible (perhaps likely) somebody has an ace, betting the turn becomes my decision especially with the double flush on the boar . if c/r its easy to fold and its also likely the last bet you put in the pot.

imported_stealthcow
02-10-2005, 12:32 PM
looks fine to me.

by betting there you're charging for draws and buying a free river. if c/r'd its an easy fold (as already mentioned) and checking behind here will induce anyone in front to bet with or without an ace, charging you the same bb (which you pretty much have to call)

stealthcow-

BigDan9
02-10-2005, 01:09 PM
I think that line's cool but, obviously, you need to decide whether you think any of your opponents might have called your initial raise with Ax. And it's always more likely that there's one out there, of course, with three loose opponents.

The question you then have to answer is whether you think anybody with Ax might be persuaded to fold, bearing in mind your pre-flop raise. If so, I think applying pressure on the flop and turn is fine.

I don't think you can check the turn (that's just begging somebody to bet into you with a bluff or a weak hand that puts you to a difficult decision and you lose another chance to persuade them to fold) but I think checking the river is the right way to hedge your bets. You could argue for a bet for value (assuming they were all on a draw or sticking around with a weak pair) but I think there's a good chance an Ax will do you, (if all three are still in there), so a check's good, IMO.

amulet
02-10-2005, 01:20 PM
these are the tough decisions. and you clearly have played a lot of hands vs some of these players based on your #'s on them. do you also have notes? i find in addition to pt i like to make notes, "like plays any ace", "will call to the river with a small pair", etc. in the absence of this type of info, i play the same as you did, although i hate it with the A out. i urge you and others to go beyond pt and make notes not only on the % of hands they play and raise with, but what they like to play. this can save or make you a lot of money.