PDA

View Full Version : Called on this scary flop

JeffO
02-10-2005, 11:28 AM
SB in this hand was a decent player 25/8. Nothing special but I havn't seen him play anything really poorly.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks???

With this scary flop and the SB calling my bet I didn't want to put myself in a position where I would be checkraised. I also planned on calling the inevitable river lead by the SB no matter what card came on the river. Of course raising if a ten came.

Thoughts, critisisms?

sublime
02-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Thoughts, critisisms?

I play it the same.

amulet
02-10-2005, 01:29 PM
while i often play it the same, looking at the post, i find my self asking "what can you beat"? there are Q'sand a J on the board, and any pair beats you. so which hands could he have called the raise with that you beat. as i said i usually play it like you diid, but in looking at it here, i am not sure how you win this enough to even call the river if no A,K, or T shows.

Michael Davis
02-10-2005, 02:08 PM
I think you should raise a river K and fold to a threebet.

-Michael

steveyz
02-10-2005, 02:19 PM
KT/T9/AT/Ax etc. These are all hands that will likely call a bet on the flop which you beat, making it more than fine to call a river bet unless the guy is really passive. Note that against 22 - TT, another J is an out too.