PDA

View Full Version : Are some bonuses not even worth it?

threei
02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
For us micro limit people I would have to say that some bonuses are not. While trying to clear the Pokerroom bonus I have realized that it might not even be worth it. Not sure how much time/ how many hands I have played there since I'm not at the home PC, but I've earned a whopping 300 bonus points there which is equal to $42. I played about an equal time at Paradise (been 2 tabling each for a few days)and have cleared $150 in bonus money. Unfortunately I've found the games at Paradise to be very tough, at least the ones at Pokerroom are soft. Somehow I've managed to make some good $ at Paradise over the bonus clearing period, but I think that it was due to good cards. IMO a 2bb/100 win rate at Paradise .50/$1.00 would be very good. There just aren't enough fish and maniacs there. Here's how Pokerroom's bonus points work:

1 point for every raked real money hand where the rake was $1.00 or more. You get 0.5 points for every raked real money hand where the rake was less than $1.00 (but more than $0.50). You do not have to pay rake to earn points, you just need to be dealt cards. If you are sitting out you will not earn any points.

Compare this with Party and affiliates. I cleared the latest Empire bonus in less than 8 hours of 4 tabling and also got to play in the softest games on the net.

Party with rake back vs Paradise or Pokerroom with bonus, I'm not sure the bonus is actually worth it.

afk
02-10-2005, 11:11 AM
No you're right. Some bonuses arean't all that worth it for micro players. I've never played at Pokerroom but I've heard that you really want to play 2/4 and up to clear it in decent time. Same kind of idea at Stars, I have almost $400 in bonuses just sitting in my stars account waiting for the day I decide to finally play them off.