PDA

View Full Version : Pot committed shorstack, ITM, Pushing Standards?

Seadood228
02-10-2005, 07:33 AM
In this situation, the bubble has just burst. The shortstack is in for the single 500TC blind and has 800 remaining.

BB - 1300
BT (YOU) - 2000
CO - 4700

The CO folds. What range of hands would you push with here? Assume you are up against a decent player. Does the slim chance that your opponent might fold come into play?

GimmeDaWatch
02-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Well Ive seen people inexplicably fold for alot less, but if he's decent at all, he's calling with most hands. Id move in here with anything that has an edge over an average hand. Aside from any ace or pair, any two cards over 9, any king and probably any queen. Not sure what the exact odds are but Id guess thats roughly correct. Plus you're pot odds are slightly improved since youre the SB and there is some outside chance of fold equity if he just hates his hand.

JadamLI
02-10-2005, 09:38 AM
It really depends on how good the player is. 800 to win 2600 would make most hands easily callible for him and pretty much guarantee him 2nd at the very least. I'd drop my push requirements to any two 7 or higher. That might be too low, but I'd like to know what others think, of course.