PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off: Poker Stars

08-13-2002, 06:39 PM
I initiated a $50.00 cashout. My account was debited and I received an email. However, my account history did not reflect the cashout nor did I receive amount in Paypal or firepay account.

I have played 500+ hrs in last 6 months and cashed in/out 30+ times. This is first and last time I will have this problem. I no longer trust the site and will not play there.

Of course I emailed Pokerstars and response was that they do not have record of cashout. I deleted the email verification because I had trusted the site. They asked if I confused the cashout with one for a different amount performed a week prior.

I was well rested, sober and watched the amount

reduce my balance in the cashier screen.

Will look for other sites to play, other than paradise.

08-13-2002, 07:47 PM
bob,

i find it hard to beleive that you have not somehow made an error. it would be ridiculous for a site to rip-off only one person, and to do it for $50.

if this was a systematic scam, i beleive others would have noticed.

isn't there a way to request hand histories leading up to, and just after the cashout, and look at your BR in these? maybe that will help you work backwards and find the error..

perhaps this is a way for you to find "proof" as well if you are so certain.

good luck

Granny

08-13-2002, 08:05 PM
You might want to check your trash folder.

Even if you deleted the confirmation,

it will still be in the trash folder until you empty the trach.

Just a thought in case you had not thought to do that.

08-13-2002, 10:27 PM
are you kidding me? You have 1 problem in 30 cashout and u start to yell everyywhere for a stupid 50 bucks haha you too funny

08-13-2002, 10:43 PM
annie thanx for recommendation.

I have AOL and they only store deleted email

for 24 hours. As for other posts.

If you don't care about losing money to cashouts then other bob sounds like a fool.

GrannyMae according to your post I am sure that an online poker room has never made a mistake intentional or otherwise. Fool on.

08-13-2002, 10:44 PM
most operating systems and or computers have a feature that reverts your hard drive to some point in the past. granny has a Gateway, and the program is called "Go-Back"

revert your drive to the time the Email was still present (if you can pinpoint the time)

08-13-2002, 10:55 PM
"GrannyMae according to your post I am sure that an online poker room has never made a mistake intentional or otherwise. Fool on. "

i was trying to help you smartass-punk. i guess that your hand histories did not back up your claim.

actually, i talked to support there since reading about your victimization in this obvious corporate theft, and they said you were moved to "level 1" on the player-recourse chart because you had done 30 cashouts in such a short period, and their only recourse was the curse..

since learning about your level upgrade, i now stand humbly corrected..

they did indeed steal your $50,and according to what Dan just told me, they plan on extracting $187 more, which covers the fees of your excessive cashouts.

the good news is that once this is recovered, you will be put back up to a "level 3" the bad news about level 3 though is that you can't beat the LOGarithm

my sincerest apologies, i was wrong, you were, and still are screwed.

08-13-2002, 10:58 PM
Thank you for all of you attention.

Cannot retrieve email at all.

Bob if it is a measly $50.00 then

you'd think pokerstars would not be concerned

and fund my account. Especially all of the time

I have spent on the site. I was a good player for them since I played all of the games Holdem, omaha, omaha H/L, stud and Stud H/L at all levels except 10/20. I have only posted here after three polite emails to pokerstars. I have given up on them.

08-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Dear PokerStars,

I am pleading here on behalf of my friend bob.

he says he did a cashout for $50, but since he trusted you, he deleted the email. he can't come up with a copy, because he does not use the feature that 99.99999999% of all AOL account users have enabled called "Personal File Cabinet", which saves every email EVER opened on your hard drive forever.

he assures me he has been a good hole-dropper, so please credit his account with $50, we all beleive him.

when finished, please look at hand 179877, i lost $80 on what is OBVIOUSLY a loaded shuffle. that credtit to the account of "grannyMae" would be much appreciated as well.

hope the weather is nice down there. I will send cookies soon.

Granny

08-13-2002, 11:20 PM
"they did indeed steal your $50,and according to what Dan just told me, they plan on extracting $187 more, which covers the fees of your excessive cashouts."

ROFLMAO, funny stuff Granny.

MS Sunshine

08-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Granny!

Thank you for your concern.

I never save anything to AOL filing

cabinet. Ever. I Just press delete.

Now if you think I would still have a copy

around somewhere, please let me know.

AOL tech. says only 24 hrs.

Good luck at the tables and don't go on tilt.

08-13-2002, 11:36 PM
"Good luck at the tables and don't go on tilt."

thanks to your posts, i've had my Happy-Time tea and grand-mariner with a xanax floater.

i will now do a smear on Malmuth.

carry on.

08-13-2002, 11:44 PM
Email can be lost. A site can make a mistake. But you do have access to all the hands you played. So why can't you establish whether your account was deducted this $50 or not by reviewing hand histories?

08-14-2002, 12:06 AM
I have access to last 100 hands played at Poker stars. I was playing on two tables at a time.

Probably have last 35 minutes of 5 hour session.

My cashout reduced my balance in the cashier

window as I had seen by $50.00. This cashout did

not affect the amount of money I had at either table. I can only cashout what is not in play.

The hand history reflects only the amount of money

I had won or lost at the table. It does not

show my total balance.

08-14-2002, 12:25 AM
Do people really cash out $50?

08-14-2002, 12:25 AM
Good points. However you can still verify assuming that you do have some point of reference before your cashout. Say you know that your bankroll was $300 a day before and it is $100 now. You can look at all hands that you played in this period and see whether you actually lost $200. If this spans more than 100 hands then you should request stars to provide you all the hands that you played during this time in some other way.

08-14-2002, 01:56 AM
Hello Bob,

Late yesterday, you received an e-mail from us reporting again that there were no cashout requests received by us from your account on August 10. We are able to provide you with your account balance after every session and tournament you play (and have ever played) on the site so that you can verify that you started each session with the same account balance as you had at the end of your previous session. We also sent this report to you last night. I understand that it is a bit of a confusing report, so we would be happy to go through it with you via e-mail or here if you prefer so you can verify that there was no cashout made and no debits to your account.

Finally, if you desire, we can send you all hands you have played since and including August 10.

Best regards,

PokerStars Support Team

08-14-2002, 02:33 AM
lol bob i think this post has to quiet u down?

08-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Bob --

Monitoring your bankroll is often helped by keeping the legally required log book.

Sincerely,

The kind of guy who actually pays his taxes.