PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need a backer? THE UPDATE

Irieguy
02-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Back in December I posted a thread about my interest in backing some players. Here were the details:

Anyone need a backer? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1391034&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

Needless to say, I received several PMs. Most didn't qualify per my criteria, but I did select 3 players to bankroll and it's time to report their results.

Player 1 This player I knew very well, so trust wasn't an issue. I considered him to be the best $33 SNG player I knew or had ever heard of... but he had $53 in his PartyPoker account. I bankrolled him, and now 50 days later he has over 5K in his account. He paid the vig, repayed the bankroll, and now we "split variance" together (which means he gives me a bunch of money every week to make up for the difference between his ROI and mine. Some deals are better than others. /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Player 2 This player is a newbie whom I have never met and barely knew from 2+2. He is an $11 player who wants to be more. We spoke briefly on the phone and I watched some of his hand histories. I gave him a brief lesson and funded him 30 buy-ins. After 500 SNGs he made over $1200 and promptly paid the vig to me. I am currently bankrolling and coaching him as he makes the jump to the $22's.

Player 3 This is a player whose name I knew well from this forum, but who didn't reply to my solicitation. So I sent a PM that basically said "are you sure you don't want me to bankroll you?" This was an $11 player whom I felt could be beating the $33 games if they had the psychological comfort of an adequate bankroll. We struck a deal and the first set of 500 SNGs was completed tonight. Final results: 40%+ ITM and 20%+ ROI, $3400+ profit. I have never met this player or spoken with them on the phone. The vig was paid and the money was in my account within minutes of the 500th SNG being completed. We are continuing our arrangement.

In addition to the backees, several players asked for a straight coaching arrangement. I decided to take on one student at each level: $11, $22, $33, $55, and $109+. Two players have completed their first set of SNGs and have paid my fee, which is a percentage of their profits. The others are in various stages. Everybody is winning, and one of my higher limit students has cashed in 3 of his first 7 step 5's. One of my lower limit students is showing such tremendous progress, that I seriously believe that he can be beating the $55 SNGs within a few months.

It is with a tremendous feeling of pride that I report these results. Not because of my involvement, but because of the integrity, honesty, and kick-ass poker skills exhibited by the members of this forum. This is really a remarkable group of people.

We all should feel proud to be a part of this 2+2 Single Table Tournament Forum community.

Irieguy

Pepsquad
02-10-2005, 05:10 AM
What a kick-ass post! If that $11 player ever graduates to the $22's, I'd be highly interested in being next in line for the same arrangement.

Pep.

GimmeDaWatch
02-10-2005, 05:16 AM
Word. I dig your posts Irie, nice to see everyone's win/winning each other and rolling their way into the semis as it were. Out of curiosity, how many sitngos do you get in a month and for how long has this mass hysteria been forcing the duder to keep his mind limber via other means?

Irieguy
02-10-2005, 05:35 AM
I try to play 300-500 a month. But that's only 6 days a week because I can't play on Saturdays.

Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't f-in' ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as sh*t don't play sit-n'-gos.

Irieguy

ChrisV
02-10-2005, 05:47 AM
Will you come off it, Irieguy? You're not even Jewish. You're f*cking Polish Catholic.

It's all a part of your sick Cynthia thing, man.

SuitedSixes
02-10-2005, 06:03 AM
DONNY
Sheesh.
DUDE
Walter, how--
WALTER
Shomer shabbas.

Clue in white below
<font color="white">The Big Lebowski</font>

lacky
02-10-2005, 06:03 AM
I guessing that leaves lots of time for sex though, good deal.

Seadood228
02-10-2005, 06:20 AM
I don't need the rake, but I'll gladly pay you for lessons /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GimmeDaWatch
02-10-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I try to play 300-500 a month. But that's only 6 days a week because I can't play on Saturdays.

Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't f-in' ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as sh*t don't play sit-n'-gos.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach the word brotha. Im not sure the recipient of your flamefest the other day fully appreciated the fact that you could get him 13 OTM finishes by 3 p.m. w/nail polish. B/c I did. And you were right to assess his yaddayadda as unrepentently undude.

Seadood228
02-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Jeez that made no sense, I mean I don't need any backing..

Mr_J
02-10-2005, 07:03 AM
You don't play the $33s do you?

Seadood228
02-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Yeah under gambooln and seadood228. I usually play between 2am-5amET.

Hopefully you didn't witness a blunder of mine... Or actually, hopefully you did!!!! Tell me so I can correct it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mr_J
02-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Can't remember anything about your play, just remembered your nick PT says I played you twice over a month ago but I could've sworn I played you today (maybe you were at some of the full tables I opened). Been running into a few 2+2ers lately, maybe it's just me putting in some decent hours.

skipperbob
02-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Testimonial: Irieguy's instructions have turned me into a winning player from a loser. Knowing him, unfortuneatly, has caused me to become an alcoholic /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Barcalounger
02-10-2005, 10:29 AM
What the f**k are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Good to hear you picked some quality protégés from the unwashed masses. If in reality this thread is just an excuse to quote the big lebowski, then I thank you.

skipperbob
02-10-2005, 10:53 AM
"STFU" Barcalounger; you're outa your element

ReDeYES88
02-10-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously then you must know about Matisyahu: The Hasidic Reggae Superstar (http://www.hasidicreggae.com/index.php?section=file&amp;album_id=12)

http://www.hasidicreggae.com/files/2005/02/07/22/11/33/kimmel_on_stage_2.jpg

rachelwxm
02-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Great story! Your should think about writing a book about your poker knowledge.

I am still building my bankroll for step 5, and I could use some help then. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barcalounger
02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
I am the Walrus.

asofel
02-10-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously then you must know about Matisyahu: The Hasidic Reggae Superstar (http://www.hasidicreggae.com/index.php?section=file&amp;album_id=12)

http://www.hasidicreggae.com/files/2005/02/07/22/11/33/kimmel_on_stage_2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

i own his album. seriously. there are some really great songs, and if you see him perform live (vid clips or tv gigs) you'll see he's legit.

still cracks me up though...

se2schul
02-10-2005, 11:49 AM
And my favorite quote of all:

WALTER: Maybe he'll understand this. YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY! YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS?! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU [censored] A STRANGER IN THE ASS! HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY! HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS! [censored] A STRANGER IN THE ASS!

UMTerp
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Irieguy, you play the $33's, right? Why don't you play higher than you do? I don't believe I've ever players with you (I'm on Satrs, and I think you play Party), but from reading your posts, it's obviious that you understand SNGs well enough to be beating the $100's minimum, probably the $200's. And apparently you have the bankroll since you're backing others. Just a comfort level thing?

Irieguy
02-10-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irieguy, you play the $33's, right? Why don't you play higher than you do? I don't believe I've ever players with you (I'm on Satrs, and I think you play Party), but from reading your posts, it's obviious that you understand SNGs well enough to be beating the $100's minimum, probably the $200's. And apparently you have the bankroll since you're backing others. Just a comfort level thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played over 500 $55's and maybe a hundred 109's with a + ROI. I can't handle the swings at the moment because poker is helping me eat.

I am starting a new practice right now and haven't been able to draw a salary since July. I just had a 40 buy-in drop 2 weeks ago, and even though I still had a winning month, that kind of thing would have sent me over the edge if I were playing the $109's.

I'm planning on moving back up to the 109's later this month. I'm screwing around with the steps right now.

Irieguy

skipperbob
02-10-2005, 01:24 PM
"I'm screwing around with thesteps right now"....Not particularly comforting to your Step Backer /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SuitedSixes
02-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Irie-
A person approaches you about teaching him to be a SNG poker player. He has seen it on TV a few times, but always misses the first 20 minutes, so he can't remember if a flush beats a straight. He just opened an account at Party but hasn't tried it yet. He has a $5K bankroll so money isn't a concern. He is a college graduate with above average intelligence. He can devote 25 hours to poker a week every week for the next 12 months. What is your guess as to how good a guy like that could be in 12 months under your (or any other quality teacher's) instruction?

faquewdikhed
02-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Irie, here is a post I posted on freeshell...

Step Post (http://www.tightpoker.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tourney;action=display;num=11079699 37)

This is, of course, after I recieve a few thousand lessons from you.

Are you doing something similar in your quest up the steps?

sofere
02-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Congrats on the successful mentorship Irie.

Just out of curiosity, do any of the greats in this forum give Poker lessons, and how much do they cost? Right now I am paying $0 a month and learning an incredible amount from this site, but I was just wondering what other deals are out there.

Irieguy
02-10-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irie-
A person approaches you about teaching him to be a SNG poker player. He has seen it on TV a few times, but always misses the first 20 minutes, so he can't remember if a flush beats a straight. He just opened an account at Party but hasn't tried it yet. He has a $5K bankroll so money isn't a concern. He is a college graduate with above average intelligence. He can devote 25 hours to poker a week every week for the next 12 months. What is your guess as to how good a guy like that could be in 12 months under your (or any other quality teacher's) instruction?

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll find out.

Irieguy

Irieguy
02-10-2005, 07:50 PM
No, somebody is backing me. I will be playing only steps for a while.

Irieguy

AleoMagus
02-10-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is your guess as to how good a guy like that could be in 12 months under your (or any other quality teacher's) instruction?

[/ QUOTE ]

My Guess... Capable of beating the $109s, but making similar money with way less variance multitabling 30+3. I could even see a really smart person beating $215s but this would be more the exception than the rule.

Regards
Brad S

SuitedSixes
02-10-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
with above average intelligence

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't describing any one I know.

Sidekick
02-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Very nice post Irieguy.

I admit to being one of the people mentioned in the initial post. I will make no mention of which group I fall into. While I have learned tons from the books published by 2+2 and from these boards, there is a great deal to be said for having a teacher/mentor to help you find and fix some leaks in your game.

Often times when I post a hand for review it isn't necessarily the hand that I should be posting that is one of the key hands of the game. I had leaks in my game that I didn't even realize were leaks, but without an unbiased evaluation of multiple hand histories for entire tournaments it was very hard to pin down what the real cause(s) of some of my SNG situations truly arose from.

While it is a business relationship at heart, I wish to take this opportunity to publicly thank you Irieguy (even though I have done it in private) for your time and efforts on my behalf. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

SuitedSixes
02-11-2005, 04:01 AM
I'll chime in here too. I'm one of these
[ QUOTE ]
In addition to the backees, several players asked for a straight coaching arrangement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm this one
[ QUOTE ]
$11

[/ QUOTE ]

And one of these
[ QUOTE ]
Two players have completed their first set of SNGs and have paid my fee, which is a percentage of their profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I am, but don't think that I am this one
[ QUOTE ]
One of my lower limit students is showing such tremendous progress, that I seriously believe that he can be beating the $55 SNGs within a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just echo what Sidekick said. There is no way that I could be playing the way that I am now without a knowledgeable eye giving me advice, and I feel like I won the lottery by stumbling into this agreement with Irieguy. In the first conversation I had with him, I told him what my goals were and what I hoped to accomplish. When he responded back with a plan that would exceed my goals, I knew I found the right guy. When making my decision I just thought of all the people who are good at any kind of competition, and they all have coaches who help them along the way. I don't see why poker should be any different . . . in fact it is probably more important in poker because it is possible to play correctly and still lose. I can't tell you how reassuring it is to send an HH to Irieguy and get back a "I would have played it the same way."

I'll also take this time to publicly thank Irieguy for his patience, knowledge, and support. He is a class act all the way. I know that some time in the future, I'll point to this arrangement as being one of the biggest turning points in my life.

I believe the initial intent of Irieguy's post was to comment on the quality of people here on 2+2, and at the Single Table Tournament forum specifically. I couldn't agree more, this site is easily the most knowledgeable and respectful forum on 2+2. I am constantly amazed by the quality of information that is freely exchanged here on a daily basis. I hope that I am begining to become a contributor and helping others as well. I could list all of the posters here who have been so instrumental, not only to my success, but to the success of this board, but I'm sure I would leave some out. I hope at some point to actually meet some of you, so I can put a face with the name and thank you in person. So, thanks to Irieguy, and thanks to all of you.

-Brian S.
SuitedSixes

"Off to the $22s!"

AleoMagus
02-11-2005, 04:55 AM
Ok... I'll add to Irie's already good summary by describing my experience with him as a backer. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

As you may have read in that initial thread, me and Irie arranged a deal for me to play $215s and step 5s with a small starting bankroll of $10,000 /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Things went ok at first... I was pretty much breaking even for a while, but then I started to struggle a bit. I couldn't seem to make the money and I couldn't figure out why. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

So finally, I have this one really bad run where I go OOTM in step 5s ten times in a row! /images/graemlins/frown.gif Uh oh. Irie was Mad! But I'm a diplomatic guy and I tell him how I've been getting unlucky and I say "come on you big wimp. It's poker! It's supposed to be a gamble! Besides, you had me underbankrolled in those tourneys. Give me another 10K and I'll really show you what I can do." /images/graemlins/wink.gif

So Irie and I come to an agreement. He gives me another 10K under the condition that he gets to watch a few of my tourneys. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif So we are on the phone and I'm playing when first hand of my first SNG I get dealt AJs UTG! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Holy Crap I'm thinking. I immediately put in a big raise to which Irie expresses some concern /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Well, some idiot on the button comes right back at me with 3x my raise. I figure I have two options here. I can cold call with my blackjack or I can jam the pot even more. If you can believe it, Irie is screaming at me to fold this! Seriously, that weak tight play may work at the 30+3, but I'm playing with the big boys here and that aint gonna work. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I raise, of course, but I don't want this guy going anywhere either and make sure that it is the minimum amount possible. This sucker is Mine! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif My prayers were answered when he not only calls, but puts in his last couple hundred chips on top of it with an all-in! Sweet! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I call quick as a flash and it's time for this yokel's garbage to get squashed. After all, there's only about nine hands better in hold'em and what are the odds that he cuaght lucky this time. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Irie is still talking about something, but I've put the phone down by now. who needs that constant knattering while I'm trying to rip up the poker world. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

... So anyways, Mr lucky on the button has made his preflop 9-outer and turns over pocket kings! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. What a load of crap that was. I get AJs and this guy lucks out with KK. Partypoker sucks for that sometimes and I think it may be rigged to end tournaments more quickly. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyways, The flop comes...

9h 6s As!

Yowwwwzaaaahhh! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Turn...

4s /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

River...

Kd!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Can you believe how unlucky I got! This guy hits his two outer on the river. What a complete bunch of BS!!!!! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

So I'm done that tourney and I pick up the phone again and Irie is strangely calm and is telling me that it's ok and that what's done is done and all, but that it would probably be best if I just transfer the remaining 9 grand back to him. He's gonna have to play another 1500 $33 tourneys to make up for his losses and all, but he just wants his other 9 grand back. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Can you believe it? Here I am trying to do him a favour by winning big SNGs and he wants the money back! /images/graemlins/confused.gif. I know he's just a scaredy cat and he'll thank me later when I tell him about how I crushed the step 5s /images/graemlins/wink.gif. So I tell him a little white lie and promise to send the money back. After he hangs up, I immediately get nine tables going with the last 9 grand.

You wouldn't believe my luck! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I end up with all kinds of horrible beats. I'm sure there must be collusion in these things. Seems like everytime I get a monster like KJ, some other guy has AK. Or three or four times I get a small pair on the bubble and some guy pushes. I know they don't have X##$@! so I call and every time, I'm right. I'm like a 5% favorite in those races and I lose every one! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Seriously, what are the odds that I lose 4 races like that in a row!!? /images/graemlins/confused.gif It must be like 200-1 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Still, I feel like I have learned a lot and I am more confident than ever that I have this game under control. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

So anyways... About that money Irie... Ummmm... I don't really have it /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I do have a good plan for getting it to you though. All I need is $10,000 and it should be back to you plus more within a few days. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Come on man! You watched rounders! Things like this always work out in the end! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards
Brad s

TheAmp
02-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Brad,
Great story...please tell me you made it up.
I cant sleep.
S.J

rachelwxm
02-11-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brad,
Great story...please tell me you made it up.
I cant sleep.
S.J

[/ QUOTE ]

You can tell by seeing so many faces.

But seriously, Brad, is irieguy backing you for step 5?

Oluwafemi
02-11-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Back in December I posted a thread about my interest in backing some players. Here were the details:

Anyone need a backer? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1391034&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=)

Needless to say, I received several PMs. Most didn't qualify per my criteria, but I did select 3 players to bankroll and it's time to report their results.

Player 1 This player I knew very well, so trust wasn't an issue. I considered him to be the best $33 SNG player I knew or had ever heard of... but he had $53 in his PartyPoker account. I bankrolled him, and now 50 days later he has over 5K in his account. He paid the vig, repayed the bankroll, and now we "split variance" together (which means he gives me a bunch of money every week to make up for the difference between his ROI and mine. Some deals are better than others. /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Player 2 This player is a newbie whom I have never met and barely knew from 2+2. He is an $11 player who wants to be more. We spoke briefly on the phone and I watched some of his hand histories. I gave him a brief lesson and funded him 30 buy-ins. After 500 SNGs he made over $1200 and promptly paid the vig to me. I am currently bankrolling and coaching him as he makes the jump to the $22's.

Player 3 This is a player whose name I knew well from this forum, but who didn't reply to my solicitation. So I sent a PM that basically said "are you sure you don't want me to bankroll you?" This was an $11 player whom I felt could be beating the $33 games if they had the psychological comfort of an adequate bankroll. We struck a deal and the first set of 500 SNGs was completed tonight. Final results: 40%+ ITM and 20%+ ROI, $3400+ profit. I have never met this player or spoken with them on the phone. The vig was paid and the money was in my account within minutes of the 500th SNG being completed. We are continuing our arrangement.

In addition to the backees, several players asked for a straight coaching arrangement. I decided to take on one student at each level: $11, $22, $33, $55, and $109+. Two players have completed their first set of SNGs and have paid my fee, which is a percentage of their profits. The others are in various stages. Everybody is winning, and one of my higher limit students has cashed in 3 of his first 7 step 5's. One of my lower limit students is showing such tremendous progress, that I seriously believe that he can be beating the $55 SNGs within a few months.

It is with a tremendous feeling of pride that I report these results. Not because of my involvement, but because of the integrity, honesty, and kick-ass poker skills exhibited by the members of this forum. This is really a remarkable group of people.

We all should feel proud to be a part of this 2+2 Single Table Tournament Forum community.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you, Irie? Barry Greenstein online or something? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Irieguy
02-11-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So we are on the phone and I'm playing when first hand of my first SNG I get dealt AJs UTG!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was off-suit. I hate it when people embellish.

Irieguy

SuitedSixes
02-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah, that was one of the biggest eye-openers of my experience with Irieguy, the true strength of AJo in early levels out of position. Many people underestimate that monster. I never would have figured that out on my own.

kevstreet
02-11-2005, 02:29 PM
[quote
what are you, Irie? Barry Greenstein online or something? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's the Robin Hood of 2+2. Well done Irie, great success stories.

I'm thinking I could use some tutelage. Oh and I never play AJo, at least not until level 2!

skipperbob
02-11-2005, 02:46 PM
As Irieguy's primary Tutor &amp; earliest Backer, you might imagine my degree of unease when he told me of his plan to back/tutor poker players for a fee to be collected in arrears....My basic response was "Have you lost your Mind?"
Since I have hungout in "B&amp;M" cardrooms you many hundred's of years and have been stiffed by every railbird who ever caught me at the right point of inebrieation/flushiness, I couldn't imagine "giving" $$$$ &amp; tips to poker players based on their promise to repay....Irieguy attempted to assuage my fears by describing the "different" character of 2+2'ers. I said "Fat Chance"...took the overs on a 50% stiffing-rate....Turns out that 2+2er's have lived up to Irie's expectation (100% collection rate)...I lost the O/U

The Yugoslavian
02-11-2005, 03:13 PM
wp

Yugoslav

AleoMagus
02-11-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously... no. I'm nowhere near wanting to play level 5s and have no desire whatsoever to ever be backed. I mean no disrespect when I say that either. If you can be backed and play well, that's great. I just had some bad experiences back in my pool playing days and I'm pretty sure I'd play worse if it wasn't my own money.

Regards
Brad S

rachelwxm
02-11-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously... no. I'm nowhere near wanting to play level 5s and have no desire whatsoever to ever be backed. I mean no disrespect when I say that either. If you can be backed and play well, that's great. I just had some bad experiences back in my pool playing days and I'm pretty sure I'd play worse if it wasn't my own money.

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. That's what I expected. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Big Limpin'
02-11-2005, 05:42 PM
This whole thread is awesome. I am sitting in a library reading this, and 3 times in the thread, i burst out laughing. Like, literally "lol". Dirty looks. The best was Aleos. WHen he got to the part:
[ QUOTE ]
So I tell him a little white lie and promise to send the money back. After he hangs up, I immediately get nine tables going with the last 9 grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, too good.

Anyways, i have this take on the backer thing....i t reminds me of the teenage mutant ninja turtles. irie can be splinter, and the backees are Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, and Raphael. The whole poker backing dojo.

TheAmp
02-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks Brad...I can sleep well now.
By the way, you are a cool dude ,a nice person, and contribute to the forum in so many ways.
your positive approach rules !
S.J

The Yugoslavian
02-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Can you all feel the love??

I think it's time for a big warm group hug, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

For all the posters who say we're all a huge bunch of @$$holes I think this forum does a decent job of doling out the props and keepin' it real (especially Dalibaby).

Yugoslav

nebben
02-23-2005, 02:10 AM
Irieguy, I would be willing to have you as a coach. Are you open to taking one more student? I would be happy to pay your fee, depending on what it is.

stupidsucker
02-23-2005, 02:55 AM
Id pick up a few students of my own up that Irie doesnt want, but all my excess BR is going to my moving costs..

If I didnt move once a year I would be a rich bastard.

I am going to start live lessons in the bay as a sup income though... No backing in the immediate future. Ive only been able to eek out a 15% roi at the 30s recently(4tabling over the last 1k SnGs) Im rather disapointed in myself.

Maybe I should start playing AJ early instead of mucking it. Nope I need to stop running my AA against that damn monster 66, cause the devil is picking me clean every time.

KingTutATL
02-23-2005, 04:09 AM
Well you know what's next...If you are such a great teacher you should create your own site and teach people off of it.

AtticusFinch
02-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Heh, the devil has always been my "lucky" hand.

zaphod
02-23-2005, 10:20 AM
It hurts to hear about your bad beats Aleo, I cant belive that you really lost with AJ!
When will we see your post how to beat the step 5 tournaments?

BTW great post Irieguy, nice to hear that the backing project turned out so good.