PDA

View Full Version : No content... found it kinda funny

SGS
02-10-2005, 04:23 AM
So after reading the article with regards to pushing in from the SB I am in the final two of a party SNG. The blinds are very big so I am pushing very often. My opponent is folding very often. He then starts to criticize my play on always pushing. He says horrible poker, blah, blah, blah all I say is gamble gamble (when i am thinking i'll push as long as you fold and even if you call i'll still probably continue pushing). Eventually he gets sick of me always pushing, calls me w/ q6, unfortunately for him I have AK and win it. He then continues to berate me so I say gg and leave. Just found it very humerous, thought I'd share.

SGS

johnnybeef
02-10-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So after reading the article with regards to pushing in from the SB I am in the final two of a party SNG. The blinds are very big so I am pushing very often. My opponent is folding very often. He then starts to criticize my play on always pushing. He says horrible poker, blah, blah, blah all I say is gamble gamble (when i am thinking i'll push as long as you fold and even if you call i'll still probably continue pushing). Eventually he gets sick of me always pushing, calls me w/ q6, unfortunately for him I have AK and win it. He then continues to berate me so I say gg and leave. Just found it very humerous, thought I'd share.

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

i was in the same situation twice today

lacky
02-10-2005, 06:33 AM
yep, ive had 3 games this week where we had 3 still with 600 blinds. Each time one guy was bitching about how it sucked and saying "why don't we play poker" "can we see a flop please". It's nice when they don't have a clue at $55 and $109.

Steve

eastbay
02-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Another day at the office. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

eastbay

skipperbob
02-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Just finished a $100 SnG; when it got HU, other player said "can we just play poker?"....I said "O.K."....min-raised all his BB's....folded whenever he raised anything....slow-played my monsters....at the end (winner) I said "Thanx for the instruction" /images/graemlins/cool.gif

shoeman
02-10-2005, 09:53 AM
This happens to me all the time. Even with as little as 4X the BB, I will get comments on how I have become an idiot lately. I'm not too surprised since I play at the 10s but it does surprise me that this also happens at the 50s.

Scuba Chuck
02-10-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another day at the office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put for a Computational physicist. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AtticusFinch
02-10-2005, 11:24 AM
I had someone make fun of me yesterday for pushing with T8o from the SB. (I had only 4 blinds left). He called with AK, but the flop was T82.

A couple of hands later, I pushed again. He said, "Ten 8 again?"
I said, "call and find out."

He called with K7, I had KK. I stole his next 4 BBs in a row before he busted to the other guy.

Plenty of people in the 55s still don't get it.

revots33
02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
This comes up a lot in when I'm heads up in a $10 SNG.

"Why do you keep pushing?", "You're an idiot", "You have no clue", etc... even as he continues to fold. It is kinda funny.

johnnybeef
02-10-2005, 04:14 PM
one of these whiners just busted me. i hate it when my ego takes blows like this /images/graemlins/mad.gif