PDA

View Full Version : AK PP15/30 - Did I screw up or get screwed?

mach3
02-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Thoughts on how I played this AKo - late position. I had been at the table for a while, neither of these players seemed wacky. When Villian2 sprang to life on the turn, I was thinking trips or KQ. You can imagine how I felt when the card were shown. I woul consider myself an agressive player on all streets, but it certainly appeared to me I was beat here - obviously I was wrong. Possible collusion?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO :#A500AF(Villian2)/ posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 :#A500AF(Villian1)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO :#A500AF(Villian2)/ (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 :#A500AF(Villian1)/ calls, CO :#A500AF(Villian2)/ calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian1 checks, Villian2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian1 raises</font>, Villian2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian1 caps</font>, Villian2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.33 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian2 raises</font>, Hero folds, Villian1 calls.

River: (15.33 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian1 bets</font>, Villian2 calls.

Final Pot: 17.33 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Villian1 has Kd Ah (three of a kind, kings).
Villian2 has 8s Qc (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: Villian1 wins 17.33 BB. </font>

CardSharpCook
02-10-2005, 04:33 AM
I think you played it right. I doubt collusion. Remember, this is V2's first hand. He posted, he got a piece of the flop and now all these strangers are trying to make him fold it. How many times have you screwed up your first hand at a table?

But the bigger issue here: before you go accusing people of cheating - gather more evidence. You've got to be DAMNED sure before you even MENTION the possibility to ANYONE!!! I remember sitting in my home game and some new player HINTED that one of the regulars MIGHT have cheated him - boy-o I tell you, I let him have it. The AUDACITY of accusing a regular of cheating after sitting with him for two hours. I even threatened to ban him from the game, but the others talked me down (as I knew they would). Folding a ONE hand that you would have won were it not for the action is not evidence of collusion.

CSC