PDA

View Full Version : Med-high-stakes No limit problem

cockandbull
02-10-2005, 04:00 AM
When ever i try to visit this subforum i get a link to a sign up for poker room. How do i get rid of this?

Harry

eric5148
02-10-2005, 05:13 AM
There's ads on every page, get used to it. That's why this site is free.

_And1_
02-10-2005, 09:06 AM
thats not right...

cockandbull
02-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Your misunderstanding my post. When i visit say the internet forum i get a list of threads etc, when i visit the no limit forums i get a page to sign up for pokerroom. This hasnt happened before, i guessing with i've visited a link on this site someone has writern a program that downloaded the link to my pc.

Any ideas how i can check or how i can get rid of it.

best,

harry

Slick Al
02-10-2005, 12:43 PM
This sounds like possible Spyware. Download Ad-Aware Ad-Aware SE Personal from Download.com (http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10319876.html?tag=lst-0-1), scan your system, and get rid of some of it.

If the problem still persists, you may have been infected with some of the nastier spyware. Go to majorgeeks.com and download Hijack This (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155) - a utility that's logs can be uploaded to various techie forums and experts will let you know what looks out of place.

A symptom of this type of hijacking attack can be found in the add/remove programs tab of Windows XP/2k/ME/etc. Look for programs that have misspellings in the name, or look vastly out of place, and search for that string in google. If you get many Hijack This log hits, you're probably in the right place. If you're not comfortable manipulating your computer on your own, follow the instructions on the major geeks forums for Hijack This. Just running either of these programs will make no changes to your computer, but you'll be able to really muck things up if you remove the wrong things.

Hopefully this will fix the problem, I've been hit with some very nasty crud in the past, and it can be a real pain, but you can fix it.

Good luck.

Al