PDA

View Full Version : PV .95 Released

amirpc
02-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Various fixes and one heavily sought feature. No UB or PS support yet.

www.playerview.net (http://www.playerview.net)

Please ask your questions on the player view forums.

OrangeHeat
02-10-2005, 02:13 AM
OMG - the new hotspot feature kicks major butt. Awesome.

Orange

BradleyT
02-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Why yes it does. Note my bad photoshop skills is why it's cutoff.

http://www.bradleyt.com/pv.gif

bobbyi
02-10-2005, 04:24 AM
You should update the text of the download page. It still says "Version .92 is available here", even though the actual version really is .95 . (I'm posting this here rather than on your forums so that people who see this thread aren't confused, like I was, and don't think that they are missing the link to the new version).

goodguy_1
02-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Amir the hotspot is very cool..At first I didnt like it cause it seemed to be cumbersome and was inadvertently popping up with too many details...I was very happy to see thats it's optional but best of all that you can create your own hotspot with fewer details..alot of fun and user-friendly.Also it's nice to see that PV is succesfully integrating data from multiple databases w/these numbers in the hotspot...Very fun to look at "Net$Won" of players you respect but may have had spread out over 4-5 big databases.I usually dont look at this number!

dabluebery
02-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Is there any comparison out there between Playerview and Gametime +, which seems pretty popular over at the pokertracker forums.

I love playerview, (haven't tried the newest version) but it seems like GT+ might be useful if I'm gonna play over at Stars?

I've taken a big break from stars after getting my brains beat in trying to clear their last reload bonus. But you never know... I could go back someday.

Dariel86
02-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Found a nice little bug, not that disturbing. The program would want to track twoplustwo.com /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Have a screenshot of it but I don't have a webspace where I could put it up.

To describe the bug, it added opera to the tracked tables list. ( I had twoplustwo.com open so maybe it sniffed some poker there /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

- Dariel

amirpc
02-10-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should update the text of the download page. It still says "Version .92 is available here", even though the actual version really is .95 . (I'm posting this here rather than on your forums so that people who see this thread aren't confused, like I was, and don't think that they are missing the link to the new version).

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you refresh the page because it definately says .95.

bobbyi
02-10-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you refresh the page because it definately says .95.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok. I did refresh it (and shift-refreshed it make extra sure) before posting and it said .92 (the "..available here" text in my post was copied and pasted), but it does looks updated now.

Zetack
02-10-2005, 04:08 PM
I can't get the new version.

I've uninstalled the old one. Deleted the setup.zip file. Downloaded the setup.zip from the playerview website. Extracted the files. Installed.I've done this four times. Each time its been version .92. How can I get to version .95?

--Zetack

La Brujita
02-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Does this version use more memory? It seems to be slowing down my comp a bit.

Joe B.
02-10-2005, 04:42 PM
so playerview dont support pokerstars right?

what you recommend to use for Pokerstars and where to get it at?

thanks

goodguy_1
02-10-2005, 05:04 PM
ZeTrack hey bro I play with you everyday for hours same games same limit.I had the same problem w/PV 0.95.I tried like 3 times to unzip and it kept on reloading 0.92 even after I had uninstalled ..wtf.
I somehow got it to work on the third go around...
It was mislabled 0.92 rather then the new 0.95 during and after the download I renamed the PV shortcut to 0.95 from 0.92..I think the final attempt was succesful by opening it to my desktop and directing it to the amirco folder rather than unzipping it to its usual local.I think the problem comes with the installer somehow..

SackUp
02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
BAD ASS!!

I love the quick shot of notes. Well done again!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DeezNutz3
02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
You're a fish...but great release...people will LOVE it

passion
02-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting to the playerview website? My version 0.92 says it only runs until Feb. 10th so right now I am without my "tool." I feel naked.

Passion

amirpc
02-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I just realized I forgot to update the shortcut it puts on your destkop so it will still say .92.

When you start PV in the title text it should indicate .95 thats how you can tell the version that you have.

randomfish
02-10-2005, 06:56 PM
I have an odd bug. Stats keep disappearing when I'm running playerview .95 -- as in, the numbers around someone will be there, then a few hands later they're gone, even though said player has many hands logged. Sometimes they come back, sometimes not.

Anyone else get this?

MS Sunshine
02-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm getting a "NaN" in my VP$P field for many players. Any idea what's wrong?

MS Sunshine

akh911007
02-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I would guess that you dont have data for those players yet. Once PT imports some hands from them and PV refreshes, it should go away.

Just my guess,

Zetack
02-10-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ZeTrack hey bro I play with you everyday for hours same games same limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah? Hey what's your handle if you don't mind sharing. If you play with me every day I've got a few guesses...

--Zetack

Zetack
02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just realized I forgot to update the shortcut it puts on your destkop so it will still say .92.

When you start PV in the title text it should indicate .95 thats how you can tell the version that you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't figure out anyway to start it, it keeps telling me that it expires february 10th.

It looks like when I download the setup.zip file I'm getting .92 instead of .95. Seriously I've unistalled and redownloaded five times now and it still tells me its version .92.

Help.

--Zetack

amirpc
02-10-2005, 11:21 PM
you've gotta be looking at an old file or something the file on the server is definately .95.

http://www.playerview.net/Setup.zip

Try saving it somewhere different and opening it manually.

Zetack
02-11-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you've gotta be looking at an old file or something the file on the server is definately .95.

http://www.playerview.net/Setup.zip

Try saving it somewhere different and opening it manually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok the files I get in setup.zip are:

PlayerviewNet Installer dated 1/09/2005
Setup dated 3/18/2005
Setup dated 1/09/2005

This is definitely the old file right? I've gone through the web page anynumber of times, I've followed the link above again and again, I've saved it to different places on my computer, all to no avail... I think I may be going mad. Any suggestions?

Would anybody be willing to email me the correct setup.zip file?

--Zetack

Zetack
02-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Well I finally had a brainstorm and opened Windows Explorer. edit: I mean Internet Explorer: end edit. It downloaded a different version than I was getting using Mozilla.

Somehow it must have been determining it was the same file as the one I downloaded in january and simply pulling up the old file from some temp storage. Since I had thought of that and cleared my download manager, I don't know how this was happening, but them my tech skills are limited.

So finally after much frutration, I'm good to go.

Thanks all.

(although I still feel like I may have been driven clinically insane at this point).

--Zetack

gusly
02-11-2005, 12:54 AM
I play mostly SNGs and a few MTTs now and then, and ring games only when clearing bonuses.

Last month after you said PV should work for my tourney needs, I checked it out, and so far it has been great, aside from an occasional hiccup.

This new release is non-functional for me at SNG tables; the stats that I track are almost all corrupted. What really sucks is that I can't downgrade to a previous release that works.

I posted my problems on the PV support forum and suggested that it might be an option to recompile the previous release with a different expiration date for us folks that can't use the new release.

I did get an answer re my problems, which was that tourney support is not officially implemented yet, and that we just have to be patient. But I haven't yet had a response to my suggestion that we be allowed to use a recompiled .94 release.

I really hope you guys give this serious thought. I'm sure you'll get around to fixing tourney support, but I'm already hooked on the product and it's really hard to just give it up cold turkey for an indefinite amount of time.

amirpc
02-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Its not as simple as all that you've gotta understand that

a) I don't get most of these problems so they are hard to diagnose

b) I don't have a pokertracker database with tourney stats

I don't even think I can mine tourney stats either so I can't test crap I have to just poke around with things and release them and let people test them. Its a huge pain.

The thing also is I didn't even touch the tourney code so I don't know why this is all of a sudden an issue.

gusly
02-11-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not as simple as all that you've gotta understand that

a) I don't get most of these problems so they are hard to diagnose

b) I don't have a pokertracker database with tourney stats

I don't even think I can mine tourney stats either so I can't test crap I have to just poke around with things and release them and let people test them. Its a huge pain.

The thing also is I didn't even touch the tourney code so I don't know why this is all of a sudden an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much if anything at all about programming, but I know what you're doing is definitely not simple. You're putting together a really kickass product, and my hat's off to you.

I don't know anything about how you divide your ring game and tourney coding, but I think the fact that my problem got reversed could be a significant clue. Before, the normal state was that the PFR% was fine for everybody at the table except one player, and now the normal state is that the PFR% is corrupted for everybody at the table except one player. The "odd man out" effect happens after every 3rd or 4th stats update.

As far as not having a tourney database, I can send you some tourneys, and I'm sure others who have this problem would be happy to help also.

I hope I didn't sound too cranky in my previous post. It was just a bit disconcerting to suddenly be playing without PV. I look forward to being able to use it again.

In the meantime... my skin is crawling and my head hurts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

herrkurtz
02-11-2005, 01:44 AM
totally sick, dude.

MS Sunshine
02-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Today is the first day I haven't played poker in about six weeks. I miss my PlayerView and I WANT IT BACK. NO ONE NEEDS TO BE HURT.

MY NaN comment in the VP$P field is with one table S&G's. Which during the previous versions was shown like the other data. This is the only field which seems corrupted. The others are fine.

I can't wait to pay for a stable copy with all the dootads you guys have put in. I'm sure that I will complain about the high price, but I will gladly pay.

Guys you have done great so far, but dig in and get my VP$P stat back.

Thank you.

MS Sunshine

goodguy_1
02-11-2005, 06:02 AM
MS good luck with this.I feel bad for Amir because he's created such a great product that when it goes down for any amount of time or has some problems the heavy users go into serious withdrawal.

stigmata
02-11-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MS good luck with this.I feel bad for Amir because he's created such a great product that when it goes down for any amount of time or has some problems the heavy users go into serious withdrawal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I get home and install the new version, I shall be making a donation, and we should encourage everyone else to do so. Even if it is only $10, I think we owe it to them. The alternative could be to wait till version 1 to make a donation.

Out of interest amirpc, how many downloads do you get for each new release? how many people are actually using this thing? I figure it most be quite high by now.

amirpc
02-11-2005, 11:59 AM
This would help immensley if you would be willing to send me enough of a tourney db that I could test with it.

Edit - See my sticky post in the support forum of the PV forums: http://www.playerview.net

amirpc
02-11-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm looking for someone to spend a few hours debugging the SNG problems over AIM with me. I'll be sending you test executables and you give them a shot and let me know if it works or not basically.

My AIM name is l0lnix. I'm home all night.

adamstewart
02-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Hey all,

I've never used PV before, but I just downloaded it today. (Also had to install Microsoft NET framework, or something like that).

Anyway, when I click on the PV icon to open up the program, two erros come up and it won't work:

The errors appears as follows:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/as2007/PVerrors.jpg

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO HELP ME HERE????

Adam

TobDog
02-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Althought I did not, it says you need to uninstall the old version then install the new one. Secondly, I had to install the framework on my computer and had a hard time finding it, fianlly I found on Amir's forum he posted a link to the correct .net download. Did you previously have PV installed?

adamstewart
02-12-2005, 02:23 AM
no, i think i figured out my problem though.

I found a thread in the pV forums saying the PV is currently incompatable with Windows ME & 98. (I have ME /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

I guess I'll have to wait until I upgrade my computer, or PV gets updated.

Ah well, I've heard PV really slows down a PC. I hate that.

Adam

4thstreetpete
02-12-2005, 10:45 AM
why is PV only good for another month?

BradleyT
02-12-2005, 11:08 AM
So that everyone is using the same version. That way they don't get 500 support messages saying "how come my version .92 isn't working...".

jstirrell
02-12-2005, 03:32 PM
I.... I love you.

amirpc
02-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Version 0.96 has been released to fix some small problems with 0.95. If you were having vpip problems in 0.95 this update is for you.

www.playerview.net (http://www.playerview.net)