PDA

View Full Version : Time to face the facts

08-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Lets face some facts.Since internet poker began players have been playing together in the same house room etc.If you dont think this is true you are just kidding yourselves.The question I have always asked myself is how much of an edge is this?and I believe its not much.Its not often you get a spot where you can really tagteam.Even when the perfect spot arises the players have to play the hands right to avoid detection (which the majority are morons)Sure its nice to know that your friend threw out a 7 when the flop comes out 772 and your sitting there with aces.But that scenario is very rare especially if the same 2 players are always sitting together -its flags the software as well as myself (which I might add am constantly emailing different supports about supicous players who always play together,making weird bets ,plays etc.)My point is I dont think its of much of an edge except one game -nolimit.One hand many times is all you need which I should say should be the most closely watched game and for this reason my advice is to be extra careful.As I ramble on ...This brings me to MS Sunshine -he is the first person on this forum who said he plays with his wife (why he told everyone I dont know)-just from exposing this you got to know everyone would be watching them very closely and I think he would be the last one I would worry about cheating.I think if you are going to play internet poker you had better face the facts that players will be playing together who know each other.Your only defense is to trust that the sites have good enough software to detect collusion and yourself.You should keep your eyes open for any kind of weird betting patterns,etc-keep tabs on who is always playing together.And if your still supicous -DONT PLAY.Oh I just thought of one other solution.Only play heads up.

08-12-2002, 04:47 PM

08-12-2002, 06:13 PM

08-12-2002, 08:26 PM
I don't have any reason to believe that MS Sunshine colludes with his wife. I think that this line of argument has gone way too far in the direction of criticizing MS Sunshine as a person (I have no gripe with him personally -- at all).

The only reason that I posted the sarcastic post below was this: the idea that it is illegitimate or unwise for a poker site to bar two players living at the same address from playing in the same game is just ludicrous. You may be the most trustworthy person in the world and still understand that even the appearance of impropriety should be enough for poker sites to disallow this practice.

RH

08-13-2002, 12:17 AM
i play at another site that has a husband and wife team. i beat them *solidly* when it is my game, Hold-em (one is a stud player, and i get killed there)..

because i beat them regularly, and over the course of months, i have come to beleive that they are completely honest, or are utilizing sof collusion, which i am having no problem beating.

MS Sunshine SHOULD be allowed to play with his wife as long as there is no rule against it.. however, just to clarify, MS Sunshine has informed us that HE did not tell the forumn, but a player or spectator that realized it in a chat posted it here first.

that being said, the issue is not about MS Sunshine and his wife, or their integrity (which has been vouched for)

what is at issue is the future of "team play" in internet poker if the sites do not stop it now. the policy is way too tempting for abuse, but only site operators can change a thing.. write a letter, i have already written two

none to the site where i beat the H/W tho

/images/wink.gif