PDA

View Full Version : Blind Battle-Is a raise still lose/lose on this flop?

zephed56
02-09-2005, 11:03 PM
<font color="green">SB is not known to get outta line. Assume he is a loose preflop player. Not sure how aggressive or loose he is postflop.</font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?
<font color="green">
I know I'm ahead here most of the time.

If the flop was K-Q-rag rainbow, I think a call would be in order. So that I don't stop the bluffer/lose more when I'm behind.

But with the 3 straight and 2 flush flop, I've got to raise here to charge the gutshots, OESD's and flush draws, right?</font>

ak55
02-10-2005, 12:17 AM
If that's you're read you might want to wait till the turn to raise, assuming the turn card is safe. I don't think you're getting 3 bet here to often. You charge more to the draw and get a free showdown if you want it

zephed56
02-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Yeah, that sounds good.

What actually happened was I raised the flop and he folded. That is pretty rare at this level, even with bluffers (I know).