PDA

View Full Version : 3 10/20 NL hands

WorldBeater
02-09-2005, 10:20 PM
A. 10/20 NL - Opponent and I both have about 2k to start hand. I limp with 7h 5h in MP as the 1st player in. It’s folded to the SB, who raises to 80.00. I call. SB has reasonably high raising requirements, and likes to marry Overpairs and TPTK. The flop is 4h As 6d. SB leads out for 160, and I call. I considered a big raise, but then I decided I would just call. I like the flop a lot. My feeling when he bet the flop was that he had missed, but I wasn’t sure, so I just called in position with a good draw. Turn card is Ts. SB checks and I check behind. This player likes to check raise, which is even more reason why I don’t think he had an ace on the flop. But since he does love to check raise, I take a free card so if he does have a big hand, I can bust him on the river if I make my draw. The river is 5d. SB checks to me. I put my opponent on no ace at this point and bet 550.

B. 10/20 NL – I open in MP for a raise with 6h 8h for 80. I get a call from a solid player behind me. It’s heads up. Both opponent and I have about 2k to start hand. Opponent is a solid, straightforward player. The flop is 5s 9d 3s. I lead at the pot for 150.00. I am called. At this point I have the opponent on any pair, from 22 to QQ, or a drawing hand. The turn is the Ad. I bet 550.

C. 10/20 NL – I open in MP for 80.00 with AhQh. I get a caller in LP (Loose Agg player with 1200 in chips), and the SB calls (straightforward / selective) with 2k. I have both of them covered. The flop is 5d Ts 3h. SB checks, and I bet 220. LP folds, SB raises to 440. I call. Turn is the Js. SB bets 400, and I fold.

tbach24
02-09-2005, 10:34 PM
All of these hands are very player dependent. If you know your player, then it's good, however if you aren't sure, then it's bad. It sounds like you know what you're doing though. On hand 3 I fold to the min-raise.

AZK
02-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Hand 1: It seems slim but you there and it was your read. As for 75s first in, I generally raise any hand I'm going to limp with if the game is tight and I think I can buy position and/or outplay my opp. postflop etc... Eh?

Hand 2: I like it, I assume you are giving up if he calls/raises?

Hand 3: I probably would have folded to his check-raise, you state SB is straightforward/selective. Doesn't sound like he is tricky, which means you just got check-raised by a good player. Give your overcards/runner runner draw up.

WorldBeater
02-09-2005, 10:54 PM
"The flop is 5d Ts 3h. SB checks, and I bet 220. "

Does anybody dislike the flop bet in a 3 way pot? I considered checking.

tbach is terrid
02-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

tbach24
02-10-2005, 12:15 AM
terrid is not a word.

FourKing Hell
02-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Hand 1. Your post:

Bet = weak hand, because he likes to checkraise.

Check = strong hand, because he would have bet if he was weak.

My extrapolation:

2nd check.. I take it you put your opponent on JJ-KK or perhaps 99 (high raising standards). That does fit in with the betting the flop because he's sort of weak part.
But you didn't bet the turn, because you were afraid he might have a good hand after all, that you hoped you'd bust him with (he won't pay off with a pair KK or lower if you hit).
Yet on the river you decided he was weak again, and bet.

Why not bet the turn? Granted, you lose the opportunity to double up vs. TT and possibly AA. But if he plays as you described, he'd check AA on the flop, leaving only TT to worry about. Did you at all consider the possibility that he was stealing, or had something like KQ?

Given that you DIDN'T bet the turn, I would consider checking behind on the river. If he was stealing, there are some hands you can beat outright. If he wasn't, you have to consider the possibility that he might call you down anyway, because you first called, then checked behind and didnt fire until he checked for the second time. He might even have AJ. I like your bluff after he showed weakness, however, given that your opponent is a notorious checkraiser AND you actually have a pair to show down, you might be better off saving your bluffs for when you totally miss.

tbach is terrid
02-10-2005, 12:20 AM
By the way tbach, get a life. 87 posts in a day is a little much, don't you think?

tbach24
02-10-2005, 12:21 AM
am i the one who is going out of their way to berate other people? sounds like you need to get a life.

WorldBeater
02-10-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By the way tbach, get a life. 87 posts in a day is a little much, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't appreciate you insulting people on the forum that are trying to help and learn at the same time.
Tbach is trying to help I'm not sure what your purpose is except to cause trouble:) Get a life!

tbach24
02-10-2005, 01:49 AM
It's fine, he's a friend of mine being a dumbass. Just a bored kid in college with nothing to do.

WorldBeater
02-10-2005, 01:50 AM
"Why not bet the turn?"
Good idea. Good analysis.

WorldBeater
02-10-2005, 02:10 AM
"Hand 1: It seems slim but you there and it was your read. As for 75s first in, I generally raise any hand I'm going to limp with if the game is tight and I think I can buy position and/or outplay my opp. postflop etc... Eh?"

Yes I do like to raise with those types of hands sometimes.

"Hand 2: I like it, I assume you are giving up if he calls/raises?"

Yes - I give up if he raises for sure on the turn. I might fire another barrell on the river if I thought he was drawing and missed. If it does not look like his draw got there, I would consider making a bet on the river. That would be a tough situation. I might fire out half the pot or something like that if I didn't have anything. I also had the gutshot draw that might bail me out on the river if I am called on the turn.

In the actual hand, the villain folded on the turn, and I wasn't faced with a difficult river decision. One problem with betting the river would be if the villain had called the flop and turn with an Ace high flush draw, which would be a logical hand for him to have (assuming he called my turn bet).

WorldBeater
02-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Results on Hands 1 and 2: I won the pots after my opponents folded to my turn bets.

Hand 3 the results were given in the orginal post, but to restate, i folded on the turn.