PDA

View Full Version : 5/5 No Limit at Foxwoods???

Tom22
02-09-2005, 09:02 PM
How is the 5/5 No Limit game at Foxwoods? I have heard that it a no limit buy in. I usually plan 1/2 no limit at Borgata and do fairly well (average $300/8 hour day). How would I fair at the Foxwoods game?

Are there any regulars I should keep an eye out?

I'm planning to play this Saturday at the game. Any information or advice about the 5/5 NL game would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Voltron87
02-09-2005, 09:12 PM
I deem your sample size- Insufficient!

SDA004
02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
ha, nearly 19xBB per hour????? I find that very hard to believe over the long haul.

Tom22
02-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Okay, just consider for someone who does beat the game for $300/8 hour day consistently. How would this person fare at the 5/5 NL Foxwood game?

turnipmonster
02-10-2005, 01:55 AM
I don't find it hard to believe if the game plays deep, which it probably does. people post hands from that game with 2k+ stacks all the time.

Evan
02-10-2005, 02:10 AM
I think you're talking about the wrong game. The win rate was from the borg 1/2.

turnipmonster
02-10-2005, 11:04 AM
sorry. yeah I don't buy that WR either /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

imported_stealthcow
02-10-2005, 11:38 AM
foxwoods has 2 5/5 games

one is a deep stack with an unlimited buyin, theres also one with a 250? make buyin. my friends have played the 5/5 max 250 and said it wasn't too bad, some players that were obviously pretty bad.

stealthcow-

sfer
02-10-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How is the 5/5 No Limit game at Foxwoods? I have heard that it a no limit buy in. I usually plan 1/2 no limit at Borgata and do fairly well (average $300/8 hour day). How would I fair at the Foxwoods game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love these questions. Here's mine:

I'm 30, Asian, and got a haircut yesterday. I was wondering if anyone could tell me my expectation at the Bellagio 80-160. Thanks!

CCx
02-10-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 30, Asian, and got a haircut yesterday. I was wondering if anyone could tell me my expectation at the Bellagio 80-160. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.phillyhiphop.com/UBB/graemlins/lol4.gif

turnipmonster
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misspelled "old", dude.

IgorSmiles
02-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Since when does Foxwoods have two 5/5 games? They have the horrible 1/2 game. Have they added a capped buy in 5/5 game or is this a mistake?

Thanks for the info.

betgo
02-10-2005, 11:56 AM
I would say that if you are beating 1/2 NL at 19 BBs / hour you should give 2/5 or 5/5 a shot.

I don't find those results unbelievable having seen the play at 1/2 NL at Borgata.

sfer
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you misspelled "old", dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif I found a gray hair the other week. That makes 3. You should be nicer to me if you want a share of my post-death swag.

betgo
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ha, nearly 19xBB per hour????? I find that very hard to believe over the long haul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here BB means big blinds not big bets as in limit. 1 big bet is 2 big blinds. So this is 9 big bets / hour. The pots in NL average much larger in comparison to the blinds than in limit.

Ghazban
02-10-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
foxwoods has 2 5/5 games

one is a deep stack with an unlimited buyin, theres also one with a 250? make buyin. my friends have played the 5/5 max 250 and said it wasn't too bad, some players that were obviously pretty bad.

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm there almost every weekend playing the baby NL game (1/2 $100 max) and I've never heard of or seen a 5/5 game with a cap. That doesn't mean there isn't one there (as I've never specifically looked for a capped 5/5), but I would be quite surprised if there was.

Evan
02-10-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 30, Asian, and got a haircut yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/1571/ttiwwp.gif

scrub
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
foxwoods has 2 5/5 games

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

5/5, 200 MINIMUM buyin, no cap.

scrub

scrub
02-10-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't find it hard to believe if the game plays deep, which it probably does. people post hands from that game with 2k+ stacks all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I was down there, the 1/2 NL games had started to play substantially less deep most of the time. I used to think that the 1/2 NL played about as big as a 15/30 game in terms of expectation, but this guy would have to be playing only at prime times and exercising great table selection to be doing that well based on the games I saw down there in December and January. I made a post about how they were becoming the new 1-3 stud, attracting nutpeddling nits buying in as short as possible.

scrub

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They have the horrible 1/2 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you insane?? That "horrible" game made me $580 in 6 hours yesterday! I guess horrible can be a good thing.

bunky9590
02-10-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on whether or not you play like a "floater"

IgorSmiles
02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you insane?? That "horrible" game made me $580 in 6 hours yesterday! I guess horrible can be a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, Ray. Sounds like you kicked some butt.

My experience with that game was that I was pot committed every hand preflop and there was no strategy other than push the rest regardless of what cards flopped. Maybe I'm oversimplifying. I only played there while waiting for a 5/5 seat to open up. If they would raise the max buyin to $250, it would be a good game.

scrub
02-10-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One time I was trying to help start up a 20/40 game there at a short table with pros and strong regulars. I made 3 racks in 30 minutes. It must have been the greatest 20 game ever.

scrub

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, Ray. Sounds like you kicked some butt.

My experience with that game was that I was pot committed every hand preflop and there was no strategy other than push the rest regardless of what cards flopped. Maybe I'm oversimplifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean - sometimes it feels that way. As a matter of fact, I almost invariably lose the first $100 or $200 I sit down with at that table. The last few times I have played though, there has not been any huge stacks to start (usually like $400 tops), and there has been a LOT of $2 flops - I loosened up my early and middle position play considerably yesterday based on this. But basically, you have to do a lot of waiting around until you finally catch something/someone, and then once you double+ up it opens up some room to bang around and get involved a little.

I probably made 90% of my winnings yesterday on 4 or 5 big hands. The rest was limping around, seeing a lot of $2 and $7 flops and picking those pots up uncontested, and a lot of folding.

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One time I was trying to help start up a 20/40 game there at a short table with pros and strong regulars. I made 3 racks in 30 minutes. It must have been the greatest 20 game ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic!

scrub
02-10-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a shocker.

scrub

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a shocker.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thank you for your valuable comments. They will be filed appropriately. *sigh*

scrub
02-10-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a shocker.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thank you for your valuable comments. They will be filed appropriately. *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could try to figure out why your post elicited such a response.

scrub

ghettorat
02-10-2005, 03:35 PM
This from one of the worst NL players I know /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or you could try to figure out why your post elicited such a response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you are referring to only YOUR response, since it was the only negative/sarcastic one? Don't worry, I understood your point as soon as you so aptly replied to my sarcasm question with YET ANOTHER witty, sarcastic remark. But no, I would actually rather not discuss it, or anything really, with you any further. In the meantime, maybe you should try and learn a little tact...it goes a long way.

Peace,
Ray

sfer
02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the meantime, maybe you should try and learn a little tact...it goes a long way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 05:03 PM
That was in no way meant to be offensive, or especially SARCASTIC. I apologize if it came off that way - "are you insane?" is actually pretty common slang. I am quite sure you realize I was not actually questioning anyone's mental stability. And horrible CAN be a good thing, if a horrible game is defined by one containing horrible players.

Sheesh I need to get away from this thread, this is getting ridiculous.

scrub
02-10-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the meantime, maybe you should try and learn a little tact...it goes a long way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni han, sir.

scrub

TomCollins
02-10-2005, 05:44 PM
If you want strategy, go play chess. This game is an easy way to make a few bucks. It's also a great game to get totally drunk and play in and still come out ahead, since play is so automatic.

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want strategy, go play chess. This game is an easy way to make a few bucks. It's also a great game to get totally drunk and play in and still come out ahead, since play is so automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

IgorSmiles
02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can get drunk and shoot dice, Tom and I love to! They need to up the max buyin to make this a decent game.

Slow Play Ray
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can get drunk and shoot dice, Tom and I love to! They need to up the max buyin to make this a decent game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they just need to get enough suggestions from players...

Myrtle
02-11-2005, 08:32 AM
It's been a while since I've been down to FW......Is the time charge at the mini 1/2 NLHE game still the same as the charge at the 5/5 PLHE?

Slow Play Ray
02-11-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's been a while since I've been down to FW......Is the time charge at the mini 1/2 NLHE game still the same as the charge at the 5/5 PLHE?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5/5 is actually NLHE...but the time charge is $6 / 30 mins. The time charge for 1/2 is $5 / 30 mins.

That stupid light...

Myrtle
02-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Ray,

So they no longer spread the 5/5 PL?

TStoneMBD
02-12-2005, 08:34 AM
ive only played at foxwoods 5/5 once, but needless to say, i flopped a straight on a J97r board and caught 2 people allin for over 500 each with JK and JT. there were 4 "regulars" in that game by the way they all knew each other. 2 of the regulars were in that hand, one of the regulars was piss drunk and would open raise the pot to 50 now and then just for kicks, while the other called an allin bet with an OESD to the nonnuts with undercards, getting less than 2:1 odds.

Slow Play Ray
02-12-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I am aware of...not regularly anyway. I don't recall ever seeing one in the past year or so?

IgorSmiles
02-12-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I am aware of...not regularly anyway. I don't recall ever seeing one in the past year or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

They used to have a lively pot limit hold em game at FW. The last time I saw that, I believe Robert Varkoni was the world champ.

Myrtle
02-13-2005, 08:03 AM
damn.....time flies when you're having fun then, eh....??

I've made it down quite infrequently this past year (NEPC, FARGO, WPF and a few Tuesday night tournaments)..........

Spent most of my times playing in the tourns & when I did go to the boards, the waiting lines were so long that I mostly didn't bother checking out the tables.

Thanks for the update.....

BeantownCaller
02-13-2005, 07:00 PM
I've never played in the 5-5 at foxwoods (actually played there for the first time ever yesterday....I'm 19 and hadn't thought it was worth it to make the trip and get carded, didn't get carded and $650 is worth the trip /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Anyhow, 2 of my buddies I went with went planning on playing 5-5, I think I would hvae been fine to sit in the game but I didn't plan ahead so I figured I'd grind it at 1-2 while they played 5-5.

Anyhow, both played very tight, one moreso than the other. One bought in for $1000, one for like $525. The $1000 dude walked away with around $2100, and I think the $525 guy got up with $2400 after sitting for 2 hours and playing 6 hands.

Basically, I don't think it matters if you can beat 1-2NL. Once you have $500 at a 100max table it's easy to beat the game for more because you have so much more power than the new guys. If you try to run the game at 5-5 when the dude to your left is a pro with 6 grand on the table and the dude to your right has 8 grand in chips and $10,000 in wadded $100's....you might get lucky but that's not the way to play.

Just pay attention, play very tight and hope one of the big stacks has a good enough hand to double you up once your hand finally hits. If you're 1st or next few buy ins make a huge difference to you I'd suggest not playing because I'd imagine it'd be easy to drop a grand pretty quickly. I also wouldn't bother buying in for less than $400 because my buddy's said $40-50 preflop raises were the norm.

Anyhow, now that I have a sample that says I won't get carded (and a monstrous 1 trip sample it is), I'm gonna be playing more and more at foxwoods. $1-2nl may be the baby game but if I can turn $150 into $700 every time I won't complain, we'll see how I do next week.

I went with like 8 buddies who I play with at a friendly home game once a week and EVERY ONE of us made money at poker, some more than others but even some clueless new kid who I had to listen to rattle his head off on the ride back about bad beats, who really had no idea what the hell he was talking about, who's biggest win of the day was when he called down with A8 on a 77xxx board, thinking he had A7, and he ended up beating a dude's missed flush bluff....even he won money.

Anyhow, good luck at 5-5...it's a great game to watch. I wandered over from my table to stretch my legs just to see my buddy call a $700 bet into a $500 pot with 2 pair, he boated on the river and the other dude mucked his hand. I woulda just got up and left after that one /images/graemlins/smile.gif