PDA

View Full Version : how hard can AA be to play?

sublime
02-09-2005, 07:35 PM
poster is new

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (LA-N)/ raises</font>, SB (seems lagish (sm sample))/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button (LA-N)/ calls, SB (seems lagish (sm sample))/ calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
seems lagish (sm sample) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">LA-N raises</font>, seems lagish (sm sample) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, LA-N calls, <font color="#CC3333">seems lagish (sm sample) caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, LA-N calls.

I think i should have called the flop raise and led a turn blank......?

Turn: (15.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
seems lagish (sm sample) checks, Hero checks, MP checks, LA-N checks.

I was hoping one of the other guys would bet for me (LA seemed like a high probability) and see the action coming back.

River: (15.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">seems lagish (sm sample) bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds, LA-N calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Alobar
02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't mind a flop cap, the board is super super drawy. I think I like leading a turn blank better tho. The problem I think is so many turn cards arent going to be blank, and then you will be unsure of what to do.

BET THE TURN!!! SBs cap was scary, but when he checks the turn, it makes it look more like he was pumping a draw than call/capping a monster, dont risk a free card, youve got no reason to think button will bet for you, as he could be on a draw as well.

sublime
02-09-2005, 07:47 PM
yeah, i botched this hand. mainly why i posted it to be honest. if i feel i am accountable to somebody (the board) it makes playing correctly in the future easier.

Grisgra
02-09-2005, 08:13 PM
In my limited experience with 10/20 people will cap the flop with top-pair no kicker or a good draw in a heartbeat . . . hence the reason to not trust anybody to bet the turn. But I think you've figured this out!