PDA

View Full Version : Missed a bet?

mmcd
02-09-2005, 07:28 PM
BB this hand was a competant player.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (3.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

DcifrThs
02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
hes a competant player...

that turn bet looks suspicious but his call instead of a raise signals to me he wants to see a showdown cheap.

also, if he has a monster that he's trying to wait to raise then you'll get 3 out of him by betting out and reraising...checking this river is not something id consider against a competant player who flat called the turn.

-Barron

mmcd
02-09-2005, 07:58 PM
The flat call to me meant either a set or an 8. Any other hand would have been a raise or fold for him. The early limper was folding regardless, so protection isn't really an issue. I think he value bets an 8 on the river if I check, whether he's suspicious enough of a busted flush draw to call a checkraise with an 8 is another story...

DcifrThs
02-09-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flat call to me meant either a set or an 8. Any other hand would have been a raise or fold for him. The early limper was folding regardless, so protection isn't really an issue. I think he value bets an 8 on the river if I check, whether he's suspicious enough of a busted flush draw to call a checkraise with an 8 is another story...

[/ QUOTE ]

if he was competant hed raise the turn with an 8 given the flop check...not call with it...then he'd check behind the river if checked so he gets the same amount without risking a river checkraise and making you pay for a likely draw....at least thats how id play it with an 8...

i dont like risking him not calling some % of the time when i check and raise or checking behind with a smaller pair under 8s ...

-Barron

mmcd
02-09-2005, 08:13 PM
This hand just kind of stuck in my craw, because I just autobet the river w/o putting much thought into it. I'm pretty sure with this particular player, when he calls the turn, he value bets the river whether it's an 8 or 66. My play look too much like a 4, 33, a 2, 2 random spades, absoluteley nothing, etc. for him not to bet.

For some reason I don't think he'd be wary of/expecting a river checkraise, it would look more like I want a free showdown with a really marginal hand or I just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar on the turn.

DcifrThs
02-09-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand just kind of stuck in my craw, because I just autobet the river w/o putting much thought into it. I'm pretty sure with this particular player, when he calls the turn, he value bets the river whether it's an 8 or 66. My play look too much like a 4, 33, a 2, 2 random spades, absoluteley nothing, etc. for him not to bet.

For some reason I don't think he'd be wary of/expecting a river checkraise, it would look more like I want a free showdown with a really marginal hand or I just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally understand where you're coming from but i think you need to bet this out on the river. if he knows to value bet on the river with an 8...then why just call with it on the turn? theres a bunch of overs that can come that you could maybe have as well and be plain out bluffing...and he would give you a cheap shot at pairing up when you'd fold if you were on a bluff and he raised...no equity with that 8...but thats only if he thinks that way...

if not...and you're sure of your read, and you think he'll bet AND call more than the requisite number of times you raise, then go for it...but i rather just bet out because even if a checkraise IS correct...its very close

i like getting the bet in when i hit and not risk checking through with a pair he'd call with...now look at what happens when he has a high?? you lose a bet that he'd call with if you bet and he thought you'd continue bluffing...

i just bet here

-Barron