PDA

View Full Version : Modding my PS2

partygirluk
02-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Has anyone got some advice of altering my PS2 so it plays games from all regions?

The Magic disk swap thing looks the easiest to me, any thoughts?

AngryCola
02-09-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone got some advice of altering my PS2 so it plays games from all regions?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the types of computer questions you have posted, I strongly suggest you not attempt any modding of your PS2 by yourself.

pshreck
02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the types of computer questions you have posted, I strongly suggest you not attempt any modding of your PS2 by yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

PWNTOWN

partygirluk
02-09-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. FYI I have successfully installed RAM into my P.Cs, so if it was just a case of opening up the box and inserting a chip, I would be capable of that.

What do you think of products like these? Link 1 (http://www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm)

Link 2 (http://www.modchip.com/ps2/v12slimtool.htm)

AngryCola
02-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I wasn't trying to be an ass.
I was just trying to give you an honest opinion.

Oh, as for the links, I can honestly tell you that I am not familiar with most PS2 mods.

So a
:shrug:
is the best I can do there.

It doesn't seem like a bad solution, but I didn't really investigate it thoroughly.

I'm sure others will be along to voice their more knowledgable opinions about that particular solution.

partygirluk
02-09-2005, 07:26 PM
I know you weren't trying to be an ass. Pshreck was. You have been really helpful to me. If you ever need any help with economics or anything else I might be of assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

pshreck
02-09-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know you weren't trying to be an ass. Pshreck was. You have been really helpful to me. If you ever need any help with economics or anything else I might be of assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

PWNTOWN ON SAYING YOU ARE BETTER AT ECONOMICS THAN ANGRYCOLA

wacki
02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you ever need any help with economics

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the first time I've ever seen anyone say that to a computer person. Not to be an ass, but it's normally the other way around. Cola, are you taking econ classes?

BTW, the PS2 mod chip is pretty easy to install if you know how to solder. If you've never done that kind of work, forget it.

partygirluk
02-09-2005, 07:46 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif Angry has been really great helping me in his area of expertise, so I offered mine. OK, it is probably useless, but it is the thought that counts, right?

I have never soldered before. Do you know anything about the "magic disks"?

wacki
02-09-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Angry has been really great helping me in his area of expertise, so I offered mine. OK, it is probably useless, but it is the thought that counts, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, and it was very nice of you.

For PS2 info, your best bet is here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/117041

Ogre
02-09-2005, 08:29 PM
get an xbox and mod that it would be alot cooler

wacki
02-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Btw partygirluk,

My econ comment was made because econ is mainly statistics and vice versa. Computer people tend to be very good at math and take a lot of math, statistics, and probability classes.

Just trying not to be an [censored].

-Wacki

partygirluk
02-09-2005, 09:05 PM
I would have thought computing would have more to do with logic than maths and stats.

PokerCat69
02-10-2005, 01:03 AM
The Chinese are MASTERS with this type of thing. I know a store selling burned PS2 games for $10 each. They also have all the current movies on VCD. Get the PS2 from China or take it into a chinese owned electronic store (not a [censored] radio shack with a chinese employee) they can fix it up.

wacki
02-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Yes, it requires logic math to actually program. But to write analysis based programs and applications you need to know statistics. Just about every programer takes discrete math which covers everything in finite math and more. They also take several semesters of calculus and linear algebra. Pure statistics classes, which econ circles around, greatly increases the value of programmers. Many of them take some really high level stats classes. This is why they call CS majors "slave labor". They literally work their tail off. /images/graemlins/frown.gif When I was an undergrad, all the business majors went to the CS majors for help with the math. I just found it odd after seeing my personal experiences. I probably shouldn't of said anything. Nothing of real value could of come from that comment. I was curious as to why Angry Cola would be studying econ more than anything.

-left hand only.

Wacki