PDA

View Full Version : Is Won $ WSF of 42.5% sustainable for my style of play?

aflaba
02-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Do you think that Won $ WSF of 42.5% is sustainable for my style of play?

I am tight VPIP 21% (/ PFR 15%)

I am aggressive 4.1/2.8/1.7

I still call down to much
No fold 18%, amazing.
fold preflop 72.0/flop 6.3/turn 2.7/river 0.9

aflaba
02-09-2005, 06:58 PM
sidenote:

BTW, I am being to aggressive, right?

And I am calling down too much, right?

Just want to make sure. I can change

sethypooh21
02-09-2005, 07:22 PM
First pass, no. I don't think you can sustain 40% W$WSF. Most profitable players seem to report in the 36% percent range long term (correct me if I'm wrong).

As far as your aggression, too aggressive on the flop, not enough on the river. You are probably raising/folding too much when calling would be appropriate. Considering the rareities of your fold, I would guess that you are inappropriately aggressive with draws on the flop, where calling might be the +ev play. For example, you have JTo in the BB, flop is KQ2r, SB bets, raising is not optimal (now if UTG raised and got 2 callers, pump the draw, yadda yadda...)

Conversely, your (somewhat) mindless aggression on the flop probably leaves you without as good an idea of where you are on the hand, meaning you don't value bet enough on the river.

Alobar
02-09-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First pass, no. I don't think you can sustain 40% W$WSF. Most profitable players seem to report in the 36% percent range long term (correct me if I'm wrong).

[/ QUOTE ]

80K hands of 5/10 and mine is over 41%

anyway, the real problem here aflaba is, why are you worred about such a stat? I've seen you make several stat posts and such, I think you are spending to much time concerning yourself with trying to get the numbers "right". Work more on the concepts and situations and hands, and the numbers will fall into place.

aflaba
02-10-2005, 04:46 AM
You're right Alobar. I'll try not to focus on my numbers. And focus on continuing to develop my play .