PDA

View Full Version : Under the Radar

08-11-2002, 08:25 AM
I think it’s pretty interesting to explore the ways a husband and wife team can maximize profits, but avoid incriminating hand histories. It adds a whole new dimension to poker.

Say the husband raises first-in from middle position with Ah Jh, two players call, the wife re-raises with Qd Qh on the button, the blinds fold and everyone else calls. The flop comes Ad Kh Qc. How should the husband and wife play the hand? IMO, I think it would be best for the husband to bet out, hoping one or both of the players in the middle call or raise, and have the wife just smooth call, waiting for the turn to put in a raise should one or both middle players call or raise the husband’s turn bet. That way, the pot gets pumped up, and there’s no way a site could say there was anything funky going on.

Say the husband raises first-in from middle position with Ah Jh, two players call, the wife re-raises with Qd Qh on the button, the blinds fold and everyone else calls. The flop comes Ad 10c 9c. How should the husband and wife play the hand? In this case, I think it would be best for the husband to check so the wife can bet and the husband can then raise. That way, the middle players will have to give up, and there’s no way a site could say there was anything funky going on.

Tom D

08-11-2002, 03:23 PM
excellent post..

this is an example of NON-passive collusion that seems undetectable.

08-12-2002, 01:06 AM
Hi Tom,

Don't give people any ideas! /images/wink.gif

Anyways, yes it's possible to cheat and go undetected. And it's not just limited to husbands and wives. Any two people can cheat! They don't even have to be physically located in the same house, you can use IM, or better yet an internet phone.

I think most "husband and wives" type of cheating isn't as blatant as you suggest though, it'll probably be softplaying each other, and folding when the other has the nuts. Even if the husband and wife are honest people, they may softplay, not realizing that's cheating. Friends probably do this also.

- Tony