PDA

View Full Version : I am giving up Poker for Lent! (no content)

grant
02-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Been playing since May and am now totally obsessed. I play every available minute, stay up too late, am tired at work, not productive, girlfriend gets pissed, I read 2+2 at work....yatta yatta....

Thought Lent would be a good time to get a grip, and then return in moderation (just in time for the WSOP!)

Does anyone else find they would rather play than do just about anything else (just about)? Do you find that misc. chores go undone? I guess this happens when we get compulsive about anything.

Anyway,

Good luck, and see you guys and gals in 40 days!

AncientPC
02-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Try putting in 40hr poker weeks for two months, you'll get sick of it soon enough. It's just a phase. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

johnnybeef
02-10-2005, 04:59 AM
man that sucks

k_squared
02-10-2005, 01:58 PM
you should perhaps take on playing poker in a healthy way! Which might even be more difficult than giving it up... Sometimes moderating behaviour can be much more difficult than completely cutting it off because in moderation their is a lot of grey area.

Good luck with it,
-k_squared

Shoe
02-11-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else find they would rather play than do just about anything else (just about)? Do you find that misc. chores go undone? I guess this happens when we get compulsive about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that my chores go undone, even if the internet is down and I have nothing else to do.