PDA

View Full Version : has anyone noticed this about internet poker

08-10-2002, 05:00 AM
At most sites even at the highest limits, (with the possble exclusion of 20/40 and 30/60) you can play 100% straightforward, bet your good hands, raise your great hands, only raise AA KK AK AQS QQ JJ ep etc with almost NO bluffing, and be a solid consistent winner? However if you played like this in live poker you'd get destroyed at mid/high limits. I think this is because on internet poker, frankly people arent even paying attention to your table image half the time. Many people are multitasking, some are playing 2 games, and others just dont pay attention.

anyone else notice this beautiful thing about online poker?

08-10-2002, 09:02 AM
yes ,i know... but tilt takes me!

08-10-2002, 10:37 AM
I would say that internet poker has just as much to do with patience and discipline as skill, if not MORE, since advanced moves are usually never required.

08-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Hey,

Are you saying that internet poker is easier than live? If you haven't experienced the bumps in the road that come from solid play online, then

chances are that you don't have enough hours in yet.

08-10-2002, 03:20 PM
although i would argue that internet poker is easier than live for the average player who lacks a great ability to make physical reads on other players (i have about 500 hrs internet poker experience and 200ish live), what my post was stating is that often it pays in internet poker to NOT be deceptive and play straightforward since it seems many opponents are less perceptive of your image.