PDA

View Full Version : Asking for a favor from a North American resident.

partygirluk
02-09-2005, 03:54 PM
For some stupid reason, lots of PS2 games work online for the USA version, but not for the European. So I'm going to get my PS2 chipped, and buy U.S version of the games. This is not so bad, as the extremely favorable exchange rate means that the extra postage costs are no worry.

So, I log on to www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com), put the games in my shopping basket, and head the checkout. The only problem is, they won't ship the U.S games to the U.K.

So, I would like to order the game to a 2+2ers address, and have them post it to me. I am willing to transfer you money for the postage via either Pokerstars of Paypal, or neteller if I get that up and running. If you happen to want something from Amazon.com I can add it to the order so we save on the overall shipping.

Thank in advance.

jason_t
02-09-2005, 03:58 PM
I'd be happy to.

captZEEbo1
02-10-2005, 02:12 AM
another suggestion: eBay?

EliteNinja
02-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Two words.
"Mod Chip"

AncientPC
02-10-2005, 03:22 AM
He already said mod chip, I'm assuming the US PS2's are different from the UK ones and therefore has to chip it to play US PS2 games.

partygirluk
02-10-2005, 03:29 AM
It really sucks that the same game is released in 2 parts of the world, yet one has online, and the other does not.

Do you have any idea why EA would do this?

FatMan
02-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Same reason they do it to DVD's, to prevent piracy. Supposedly makes it harder to burn copies if the copy won't work in your game system since the country/region code is wrong.

daveymck
02-10-2005, 09:25 AM
There are lots of sites in the UK selling US imports and I suspect they are cheaper than Amazon.com plus shipping.

There was one I have used but forgotten the name of now that had current games released in the US on sale for £20-25, do some googling I am sure you will come across it. I'll add to the thread is I remember, I havent bought a ps2 mag in ages but I would expect adverts to online retailers there.

As for why they would release two different versions maybe there are cost implications of adding the online aspect (maybe the way of accessing online play is different) which in the UK market doesnt make financial sense to add.

A decent FAQ on import games, there is an online faq but it doesnt state if US games can work on the European PS2 online thing.

http://www.ps2home.co.uk/faq%20-import.htm