PDA

View Full Version : Strategy and Tactics Discussion POLL - Vote on your favorite topics

Lloyd
02-09-2005, 03:07 PM
As promissed in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1695179&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) , here is a poll for what should be discussed in a Strategy and Tactics thread. I've tried to include every idea but if I somehow missed one, or didn't quite get the concept correct, I apologize in advance.

My thought is to focus on one topic at a time so we can have focused and extensive discussion. Once the first topic has been discussed sufficiently, probably based on the lack of new and insightful posts, I'll get the next one started. I'm guessing that we should be able to tackle a topic a week.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm looking forward to the discussions.

NOTE: Please vote for your top 4 choices.

sthief09
02-09-2005, 03:13 PM
why not go from beginning to end, with a topic per week? maybe encourage people to post hands and ask questions relating to that topic in addition to their normal questions. I like this idea a lot.

Lloyd
02-09-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why not go from beginning to end, with a topic per week? maybe encourage people to post hands and ask questions relating to that topic in addition to their normal questions. I like this idea a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Certainly having people post hands and asking questions pertaining to the topic is a must. And I think we'll be able to cover all of these over a period of time. But I'd like to prioritize somehow to make sure we tackle those issues that appeal to as many people as possible.

Absolution
02-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Excellent, I can't wait to get this started. I'm most interested in survival importance and implied odds in NL tournaments as evidenced by my recent posts.

morgan180
02-09-2005, 03:42 PM
I think we should start with post-flop play, it's usually overlooked and it's so critical...plus i'm terrible at it so i'd love some help /images/graemlins/wink.gif

skoal2k4
02-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Just start a thread on one of the topics... no need to take a poll on it

sexypanda
02-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm very interested in most of these topics. I'm pretty new to this section of 2+2, can anyone point me to their favorite strategic threads, or a link to a "favorite threads" post? TIA

Sam T.
02-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Lloyd, you are making an early bid for post of the year...

Lloyd
02-09-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lloyd, you are making an early bid for post of the year...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just getting it kicked off, but thanks.

SossMan
02-09-2005, 09:21 PM
why can't I see the results of the poll after I've voted? Who are the early winners?

jslag
02-10-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why can't I see the results of the poll after I've voted? Who are the early winners?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Votes accepted from (02/08/05 09:00 PM) to (02/10/05 11:00 AM)
You cannot view poll results until the poll is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool idea, Lloyd.

SossMan
02-10-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Votes accepted from (02/08/05 09:00 PM) to (02/10/05 11:00 AM)
You cannot view poll results until the poll is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool idea, Lloyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I'm smart. thanks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

setter
02-10-2005, 03:12 AM
I was going to post something very similar to this on the 15th of February, since I am giving my girlfriend a Valentine's day present of me not playing online for the rest of the month and doing more things with her...but that I could still read 2+2 to learn more about poker. I think if we were to have a main topic once a week, in these areas would be great. I loved to get various viewpoints from people who are TAG, LAG and such. I would also like to post specific hands in the future regarding how to play against specific type of opponents such as loose & tight aggressive, calling stations, etc and also how to play specific hands against big stack, medium stack and short stacks as well as at various levels of MTT (bubble, early levels, final table etc.). I have been lurking for a while now and I see a lot of posters say to push, call or fold without it seems to thoughts against the style of player you are facing. Some of the good posters take this into consideration and in my development of my game I want to see how to play against all different types of player styles. I am hoping we could come up with a format that uses the converter allows more info to be put into a standard form, such as players left in tourney, bubble number, avg stack size at time, player images etc. to help with decisions. Many posters (rightfully so) have to ask for additional info after initial question has been asked by the original poster. Was wondering if we could get 2+2 to have a Hand Analysis Section made up just for this area. Thoughts?

Lloyd
02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
bump

morgan180
02-10-2005, 09:39 PM
bumpity

SossMan
02-10-2005, 09:41 PM
argg..."stack depth and implied odds" got rivered. 2+2 is rigged!

Lloyd
02-10-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually found it pretty interesting that topics proposed by you and MLG got so little support. Could be how I worded it but there's some important concepts there. I'll get the post started either tonight or tomorrow. I'm sure implied odds/stack sizes will somehow be incorporated into the first thread since it plays a pretty significant role in determining early play.

Thanks to all who voted!

morgan180
02-10-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all polls are rigged /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jslag
02-11-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, i voted for that. surprised "Attacking, defending, and playing the blinds" got up there, since it's so frequently addressed here.

Unparagoned
02-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Mmmm, perhaps I missed the posts coming out of this, but I sort of thought they'd be pretty obvious...and if not, well, this thread deserves a bit of a bump anyways /images/graemlins/smile.gif