PDA

View Full Version : V'Tines Day sucks

B00T
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
It's that time of year again. Not even the act of Valentine's Day and having to buy stuff, but the act of thinking of what to do.

Let the ideas fly for Valentine's Day with your respective whore...

I'm lazy as hell, lets see what you guys got.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I just told my wife a week or two ago to prepare to be underwhelmed. She's taking it pretty well so far. We'll see in a few days.

Shajen
02-09-2005, 11:59 AM
I told my wife back when we first started dating that Valentines day was a big sham and I didn't need some stupid holiday for me to "know" how special she is, etc.

I also surprise her throughout the year with meals, gifts, etc, so I don't have to do crap like this because some holiday says so.

Anyway, set your expectations and follow through, then you won't have to deal with crap like this.

daveymck
02-09-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just told my wife a week or two ago to prepare to be underwhelmed. She's taking it pretty well so far. We'll see in a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

No she now is expecting a gift twice as good as normal, you have fell into the trap, telling not to expect much will get her thinking he is lowering the expectation so he must have somthing extra special lined up and really wants to knock me out with it.

peachy
02-09-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No she now is expecting a gift twice as good as normal, you have fell into the trap, telling not to expect much will get her thinking he is lowering the expectation so he must have somthing extra special lined up and really wants to knock me out with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true!! When someone says that to me for a bday or valentines day i think the oppisite! But i really dont care about what i get...i luv buyin everyone else stuff...but i still cant wait for valentines day!!

MelchyBeau
02-09-2005, 02:36 PM
shh. Think about how much it sucks for those of us who are alone. We are constantly reminded everytime we visit yahoo.com or some other random website, or whenever we turn on the tv or radio that we aren't dating someone. Aww how cute. I'm sick of this BS holiday.

So complain about having to spend some dough on a girl you enjoy being with. I get to complain about not having such an opportunity.

Melch

Shajen
02-09-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true!! When someone says that to me for a bday or valentines day i think the oppisite! But i really dont care about what i get...i luv buyin everyone else stuff...but i still cant wait for valentines day!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem like an intelligent person. Why do you write like a 14 year old webhead? It completely invalidates anything you have to say because you come across so immaturely.

Please, think of the children.

LALDAAS
02-09-2005, 02:49 PM
V-Day totally pisses me off. I mean seriously, We just went through X-mas I have spent enough damn money. Now I have to come up with some romantic crap and more gifts.

pubz r 4 nubz!
02-09-2005, 02:50 PM
The key to making V-day not suck, is planning something that both you and your mate enjoy. This way, not only do you get pleasure from your mate enjoying him/herself (hopefully this is true), but you also enjoy yourself too. It probably isn't *that* hard to come up with something that you'll both like, that can be pitched to your mate as a "special" V-day event.

Luckily, for me and my girlfriend, we have beads.

http://www.sextoyspro.com/toypics/anal-beads-1.jpg

peachy
02-09-2005, 03:06 PM
its the way i type faster online...im not gonna change it b/c someone thinks it makes me look less intelligent...its better to appear stupid than overly intelligent to me. Im a hyper, outgoing, etc type person...which reflects in the way i type so haha sorry if that bothers u...im sure ull get over it or get used to it...and what makes u THINK im intelligent?

PS: have no clue what a webhead is

PhatTBoll
02-09-2005, 03:08 PM
From a distance, your avatar looks like a bulldog with a baby in its mouth.

Bluffoon
02-09-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's that time of year again. Not even the act of Valentine's Day and having to buy stuff, but the act of thinking of what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am taking my lady to vegas for the weekend and on saturday I booked a bath and a massage for her at the spa at the hotel where we are staying and a nice dinner for sat night.

daryn
02-09-2005, 03:13 PM
i don't think they have valentine's day in europe, so i'm in the clear /images/graemlins/grin.gif

apd138
02-09-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its the way i type faster online...im not gonna change it b/c someone thinks it makes me look less intelligent...its better to appear stupid than overly intelligent to me. Im a hyper, outgoing, etc type person...which reflects in the way i type so haha sorry if that bothers u...im sure ull get over it or get used to it...and what makes u THINK im intelligent?

PS: have no clue what a webhead is

[/ QUOTE ] Do you know what a pothead is? I'll let you figure it out from there.

PS: How did you do on the SAT's?

Boris
02-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Couple years ago I'm at the Reno Hilton watching a show. The Comedian cracks a cheesy joke and some lady in the front row sits there all stonefaced. Comedien walks over to her and says in a slow voice "Lower your expectations."

She laughed at that one.

B00T
02-09-2005, 03:25 PM
I dont hate the day, I dont mind a day set aside for relationships etc...I do have a problem with trying to rack my brain to think of something new, exciting, out of the ordinary etc. I dont want to spend 2 days thinking of what to do and then planning on it.

Goin to Reno or Vegas is out of the question. Let me rephrase, what are YOUR plans for Valentine's Day.

LALDAAS
02-09-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am taking my lady to vegas for the weekend and on saturday I booked a bath and a massage for her at the spa at the hotel where we are staying and a nice dinner for sat night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you buddy! Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone here.The best of all worlds .Little does she know this is really a gift for you :P

kyro
02-09-2005, 03:26 PM
A radio show I used to listen to proposed a wonderful idea for Valentine's Day. You only celebrate VDay with a girl if it's understood you celebrate "Steak and BJ Day" on March 14.

Surely the give and take is about even.

Bluffoon
02-09-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you buddy! Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone here.The best of all worlds .Little does she know this is really a gift for you :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I taught her to play poker and she likes it too so it is for both of us.... WIN! WIN!

Bluffoon
02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Why are so many of your guys so against doing something special for your woman? In my experience a happy woman is a good thing to have.

Hell it it's not reciprocated then you have to find a better woman.

LALDAAS
02-09-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are so many of your guys so against doing something special for your woman? In my experience a happy woman is a good thing to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not against doing anything for my girl its just the simple fact that I am now required to do so. I often do things for no reason at all. Its just for this piticular instance there is a comparison issue.

For me I have to conspire with my friends and my girls cousins husband because god for bid I match up on the romantic meter what the do for the girls.

Bluffoon
02-09-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not against doing anything for my girl its just the simple fact that I am now required to do so. I often do things for no reason at all. Its just for this piticular instance there is a comparison issue.

For me I have to conspire with my friends and my girls cousins husband because god for bid I match up on the romantic meter what the do for the girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't put up with that comparison bullshit. Buy her something modest but thoughtful and if she gives you any [censored] dump her.

daveymck
02-09-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think they have valentine's day in europe, so i'm in the clear /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we have it I am sure other countries must as well, its actually St Valentines day so its origins must b in some sort of christian festival/day.

housenuts
02-09-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you took a trip to europe with your winnings?

holly
02-09-2005, 06:57 PM
all I can say is that Reef better get me something cute!

pubz r 4 nubz!
02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
I guess I am lucky to not find that a displeasure.

peachy
02-09-2005, 08:28 PM
hahah PHAT...at least thats funny!!

And sorry to busrt a bubble...but vday came from europe and the killing of saint valentine (catholic bishop i think) The church needed a "holiday" to replace a pegan on they did not like...so they picked this one. There were six or seven other men named Valentine and another had a similar story, so they combined these men and a date around each of the occurances and made it Valentines day.

Reef
02-09-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all I can say is that Reef better get me something cute!

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CCass
02-09-2005, 10:59 PM
I will get my wife a card. She doesn't like flowers or chocolate or balloons. So a card it is. And maybe a quiet dinner (if the babysitter gets over her cold).