PDA

View Full Version : Rebuy Aruba Sattelite on UB

RavenJackson
02-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Rebuy Tournament on UB where top 10 spots get entry into the 200+20 Aruba Tournament. It is important to note that this is a Turbo and the blinds go up every 5 minutes. This hand occurred about 15 minutes after the first break.

a at seat 1 with 10730.
b at seat 4 with 5420.
c at seat 5 with 4855.
d at seat 6 with 5540.
e at seat 7 with 6710.
f at seat 8 with 1210.
Raven-Jackson is at seat 9 with 7035.
The button is at seat 4.

c posts the small blind of 300.
d posts the big blind of 600.

a: -- --
b: -- --
c: -- --
d: -- --
e: -- --
f: -- --
Raven-Jackson: 6s 6h

Pre-flop:

a folds. b calls. Raven-Jackson calls. c raises to 4855 [all-in]. d reraises to 5540 [all-in]. e folds. f calls [all-in]. b folds. Raven-Jackson????

Keep in mind that the blinds go up next hand and this tourny has turned into an all-in fest [like most turbos].

RavenJackson
02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
After deciding whether or not to throw my chips into the fray I folded. I felt sick when the flop came down.

Flop (board: 2d 2s 6c):

3 players all-in

Turn (board: 2d 2s 6c 7c):

3 players all-in.

River (board: 2d 2s 6h 7c Ts):

3 players all-in.

Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:

c shows As Ad.
d shows Kd Kh.
e shows 10c 7d

This was unfortunately the last playable hand I had until I was forced into going all-in [on a hand worse then 66] and busting out.

exeph
02-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Don't second guess yourself based on the miracle flop, good fold. There _are_ situations where you may want to take the worst of it in a big pot if it looks like a good chance to accumulate a lot of chips, but IMO this is not one of those situations.

schwza
02-09-2005, 01:12 PM
fold or push pre-flop. you don't have enough stack to limp and hope for a set.

since you're in EP, just muck and move on.

fyi, 2+2 as a whole cares very little about what cards wound up hitting the board after you folded. if it makes you feel any better, my understanding is that they're calculated only after the action is done, so they wouldn't have been the same if you'd called.

RavenJackson
02-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks for your responses. I understand that in most circumstances this is an easy fold and I am not beating myself up based on the results.

My question is, with blinds increasing at turbo speed, do you need to gamble on hands like this when the pot is as big as it is?

Potowame
02-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey RJ,

These Turbo's are pretty rough, I think you just have to be super aggressive or uber tight. I have played two and found the guys that are pushing all-in at least once an orbit when the blinds get large, are the ones that end up at the top. I think you just have to find hands that do well and push, its best to do it to the blinds that are the folders of course.

RavenJackson
02-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the advice Potowame. I was probably a little impatient playing tight and watching the blinds escalate and eat away at my stack.

Saw you finished late in the tourny last night [again]. That is a tough tourny to hang in [with all the suckouts].

Potowame
02-09-2005, 01:55 PM
see my post " I fell for my own advice"

that was my exit, was sitting pretty good to make the FT. I have such bad luck sometimes, lol.