PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 AK Hand - Where do I bet this?

Unarmed
02-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Live 10-20 (suits unimportant)
Villain and I both have ~1000
AK UTG raise to 60, called by Villain in BB. (Loose/Tricky/Calling Station)

Flop 2 6 6
Villain reaches for a stack of chips, thinks it over, and checks. I check.

Turn 9 check check

River 8 check check

How weak is this? I figured the flop pause means he either has me smoked or is trying to enduce a check with overs. Either way I don't want to bet this flop, but should I be betting the turn or river? Pretty sure I played this right b/c he's not laying down an 8 or 9 and is quite capable of checking a 6 all the way through, it just seems awfully weak.

Thanks.

aggie
02-09-2005, 10:08 AM
this is of course very opponent dependent. As a rule of thumb, you probably want to bet this flop around 50% of the time although i have no statistical evidence to support such a statement

Unarmed
02-09-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is of course very opponent dependent. As a rule of thumb, you probably want to bet this flop around 50% of the time although i have no statistical evidence to support such a statement

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought the flop check was automatic against a tricky player. If he's got a piece of the board or an O/P I'm getting C/R. If he has overcards I'm ahead and really only upset if I see a Q or J fall.

EDIT: I am viewed as extremely tight, but I don't think he's perceptive enough to realize that narrows my UTG raising hands to AK/AA/KK/QQ, making a check/raise on his part with an O/P an iffy line.

AZK
02-09-2005, 11:29 AM
If I don't bet this flop, I'm definitely betting this turn. If he calls then maybe I'll give up.

tbach24
02-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I think if you bet the flop he'd come back over the top of you just because of how he acted (he'd know you were on a bluff). However, if you bet the turn that's a good spot.

riverboatking
02-09-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(Loose/Tricky/Calling Station)

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems to be a contradiction in terms.
tricky players are rarely calling stations, and calling stations are rarely tricky.

Unarmed
02-09-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Loose/Tricky/Calling Station)

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems to be a contradiction in terms.
tricky players are rarely calling stations, and calling stations are rarely tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok - tricky may not be the right word. He's generally loose/passive but makes the odd huge bluff when he has the lead.

Anyway not a real interesting hand so I'll kill the thread here. He had 24s.

riverboatking
02-09-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok - tricky may not be the right word. He's generally loose/passive but makes the odd huge bluff when he has the lead.

Anyway not a real interesting hand so I'll kill the thread here. He had 24s.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not 100% clear on what you mean by he makes odd huge bluffs when in the lead.
do you mean in the lead as in he is ahead in the hand, or in the lead as in he is the aggressor?

also think this thread is not only interesting but also valuable because it is a situation that arises often in no-limit and can be a very difficult spot to be in.

it really illustrates how important position is in no-limit because all you have to do is imagine trying to play the same hand on the same flop vs. the same opponent both in position and out of position.

creedofhubris
02-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I check this down a lot of the time headsup against calling stations if I think they'll play 55 like it's gold on this board.