PDA

View Full Version : To Raise or Not??

DireWolf
02-09-2005, 02:30 AM
I was kind of confused the entire hand. any advice and i would be extremely grateful.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 4d 4h (three of a kind, fours).
BB has 2c 3h (straight, seven high).
Outcome: BB wins 10 BB. </font>

btspider
02-09-2005, 02:32 AM
you must raise this PF.
bet the flop.
cap turn.
check-call or bet-call the river.

vulturesrow
02-09-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was kind of confused the entire hand. any advice and i would be extremely grateful.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (2 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 4d 4h (three of a kind, fours).
BB has 2c 3h (straight, seven high).
Outcome: BB wins 10 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise PF. Since you didnt, bet the flop and lead the turn. You have a set heads up. If youre beat youre beat but there is no way you cant see the river.

DireWolf
02-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Say i lead on the flop and he raises, should i three-bet or just call the raise. if i just call whats my plan from there, compared with if i three bet
thanks for the help, hopefully someday ill get it

Reef
02-09-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you must raise this PF.
bet the flop.
cap turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect. I can't decide on the river.

btspider
02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you must raise this PF.
bet the flop.
cap turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect. I can't decide on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

if hero puts bets 1 &amp; 3 in on the turn and villian caps it, i probably check-call.

vulturesrow
02-09-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Say i lead on the flop and he raises, should i three-bet or just call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation I 3 bet.

[ QUOTE ]
if i just call whats my plan from there, compared with if i three bet
thanks for the help, hopefully someday ill get it

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just call, you can reasonably expect to get raised if you bet out the turn. You can do that and call the raise. Then check call the river. If he doesnt raise you on the turn after you bet out, Im leading the river. I dont claim to be 100% correct but this is how I would play it. You have a very strong hand, esp. given you are headsup and you have good chances of filling up on the river.

DireWolf
02-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the advice

bigredlemon
02-09-2005, 07:30 PM
with all that on the board, i'd be scared shitless