PDA

View Full Version : River raise with Ace high vs a LAG and TP

TazQ
02-09-2005, 01:09 AM
BB is the LAG, very bad. MP is tight passive, weakie.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

fyodor
02-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Normally someone says here, "are you sure the LAG isn't sitting UTG this time?" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyhow given your reads it looks good to me. MP should be folding all kinds of mid pairs here a fair chunk of the time.

ggbman
02-09-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Normally someone says here, "are you sure the LAG isn't sitting UTG this time?" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyhow given your reads it looks good to me. MP should be folding all kinds of mid pairs here a fair chunk of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that for one more bet... i don't think your raise really gets many better hands to fold here. I'm in favor of justing showing it down if you think you are good often enough, but i really don't think he folds anything but a complete bluff here most of the time.

fyodor
02-09-2005, 11:00 AM
gg you are misreading. I think the MP will do the folding. The raise was aimed at knocking him off a hand. He has to call 2 cold and still has the original bettor yet to act.

BB will call here for 1 bet but we are betting that he was bluffing at the pot.