PDA

View Full Version : The second wackiest hand I've had in a long time

AtticusFinch
02-09-2005, 12:54 AM
It's been a crazy night.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t1293)
CO (t2355)
Hero (t610)
SB (t1415)
BB (t955)
UTG (t1240)
UTG+1 (t1930)
MP1 (t202)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

MP1 is all-in. Hero re-raises all-in. All fold.
Flop: (t125) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t125) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t125) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Pusher shows down K7o! Counterfeited by quads on the board. Crazy!

Michael C.
02-09-2005, 12:58 AM
I've seen 4 of a kind on the board maybe 3 times in the last month and half. I also twice saw AA vs. AA. It's amazing all the "once in a lifetime" stuff we see every day with all the hands that are dealt online...

bigredlemon
02-09-2005, 01:00 AM
you can't really blame him though... he tried to steal with highcard on a board that no one hit, and had a lot of outs against you. He was pretty much pot comitted anyway on any flop without an A

KenProspero
02-09-2005, 01:01 AM
first time I played bricks and morter, I saw 4 jacks hit the board simultaneously -- making my pair of 6s less than useless.

AtticusFinch
02-09-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you can't really blame him though... he tried to steal with highcard on a board that no one hit, and had a lot of outs against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he pushed PF. The converter barfed on the hand.

The Yugoslavian
02-09-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing all the "once in a lifetime" stuff we see every day with all the hands that are dealt online...

[/ QUOTE ]

This implies there is a greater chance of such situations being dealt online. I hope you see why that idea doesn't make sense.

Yugoslav

AtticusFinch
02-09-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing all the "once in a lifetime" stuff we see every day with all the hands that are dealt online...

[/ QUOTE ]

This implies there is a greater chance of such situations being dealt online. I hope you see why that idea doesn't make sense.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it does make sense because we play so many more hands per hour online.

The Yugoslavian
02-09-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it does make sense because we play so many more hands per hour online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. But the chance of it happening per hand is the same (I guess there could be agruments of looseness online vs. live that would allow remarkable hands to go to showdown more often in one venue or the other).

But rereading his quote he is saying exactly what you said here. Apparently *I* am the moron for misreading his post, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Bah. I think this sort of focus-less scanning may play a part in my recent poker struggles.

Yugoslav

JoeTable
02-09-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen 4 of a kind on the board maybe 3 times in the last month and half. I also twice saw AA vs. AA. It's amazing all the "once in a lifetime" stuff we see every day with all the hands that are dealt online...

[/ QUOTE ]

At a cash game, once saw quads dealt (pockets or trips on the board) three times in the span of 5 hands.

A long time ago saw a flop of AAA, commented something to the effect of "you won't see that again in 10 years" only for it to hit again 3 hands later.