PDA

View Full Version : Does this site neglect the privacy statement?

08-05-2002, 05:43 AM
Dear Mat Mason,

From this e-mail thread i understand that the message i posted; about informing the people about a extra way of making a living out of playing poker by getting a percentage back of the rake and that all i request is if you feel like doing this to become a team member; is inappropiate for this site. For this i sincerely appologize and i had no intention to induce any so called spamming to your great site nor will it happen again.

However, your action of revealing my e-mail address and post it to my edited to others with a request to start mailing me with how you feel about my post is far beyond the privacy rules you have on this site and secondly is not the right way to inform a person who did made a posting not to your liking to punisch him in a sort of way and by this trying to be a own judge without the proper expertise to do so. The action you took is comparable with the action the terrorists did on the september 11 at the world trade center. because if somethinghappened to your dislike you feel like retaliating instead of informing the other in a human kind of way and giving the opportunity to learn form each other in apositive way. By the same token this is exactly why they attacked the wtc in new york because persons like you start to think because they are so called more famous, important, knowledgeable, a better human race, closer to god that they can opress other people by imposing their only view of what is right and wrong and forget about their own laws and rules to live by. I think you made a very bad mistake in not abbying to your own privacy rules imposed on this site. It shows the true colors you are wearing these days and it fits nicely wiht the commercial importancy you created out of this site. So the premier reason for this site, you try to tell the people that it is for and by the poker players, is a fallacy and in the time we posters (even with wrong messages by mistake or intentionally)build your site you are cashing in on it. And now you get even so attached by the commercial importancy that you start, to say it again, to abuse the privacy rules from this posters who build your site alive.

Best regards,

Danny

08-05-2002, 06:01 AM
You say: "The action you took is comparable with the action the terrorists did on the september 11 at the world trade center"

While you have every right to complain about this. In no way is this situation comparable to September 11th. Get real.

08-05-2002, 06:44 AM
mat said:

" ... This man was kind enough to post his email address on the page he has us link to. ..."

assuming this to be a truthful statement then in effect you posted your e-mail address here first, so how can you complain that he has "revealed" your e-mail address?

08-05-2002, 07:58 AM
“However, your action of revealing my e-mail address and post it to my edited to others with a request to start mailing me with how you feel about my post is far beyond the privacy rules you have on this site and secondly is not the right way to inform a person who did made a posting not to your liking to punish him in a sort of way and by this trying to be a own judge without the proper expertise to do so”

He has a point there. Privacy rules regarding emails .I do not want Mat Sklansky to expose my email address either. I receive enough junk email every day and I do not want to get any more. So if I ever piss Mat Sklansky of, please do not do this to me. Besides that I found the rest of the post hilarious.

08-05-2002, 11:42 AM
The action you took is comparable with the action the terrorists did on the september 11 at the world trade center.

How's the weather on your planet?

You posted your e-mail address on your spam site, I mean web site. Mat was joking, but by the way, exactly how many e-mails deluged your inbox by his actions

Did you get two posters here to write to you and say "Hey, it is uncool to spam sites you do not read or post at?"

Have a nice day. And Mat, way to go pal.

MS Sunshine

08-05-2002, 01:17 PM
danny you are gay

08-05-2002, 01:24 PM
You tried to get something for nothing and you were called on it. If you knew how to play poker, maybe you wouldn't need the extra 4 cents a month you will make from UB-2 referals. Don't waste our time. Comparing Mat's reasonable response to terrorism proves you are truly worthless.

08-05-2002, 09:30 PM