PDA

View Full Version : Sit-n-Go against a Pro

wegs the wegs
02-09-2005, 12:27 AM
So for the first time tonight I played against a professional player. It was KrazyKanuck, fresh off his win of a ticket to Aruba on Ultimatebet. He was goofing around tonight, playing $5 heads up matches. He then sat down at the $1.10 SnG. I sat down to his left immeadiately. It was a 6 seater.

I lasted one hand. I was BB first hand and received AJo. Two limpers, KrazyKanuck bet the pot. SB calls. I call. One fold and one call. Flop comes J 5 2. I check. UTG checks, Krazy bets pot. I push. UTG folds. Krazy calls. He shows J 10. Turn is a 10. I lose.

This isn't a bad beat post. This is my first experience against a known pro. Comments?

AtticusFinch
02-09-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So for the first time tonight I played against a professional player. It was KrazyKanuck, fresh off his win of a ticket to Aruba on Ultimatebet. He was goofing around tonight, playing $5 heads up matches. He then sat down at the $1.10 SnG. I sat down to his left immeadiately. It was a 6 seater.

I lasted one hand. I was BB first hand and received AJo. Two limpers, KrazyKanuck bet the pot. SB calls. I call. One fold and one call. Flop comes J 5 2. I check. UTG checks, Krazy bets pot. I push. UTG folds. Krazy calls. He shows J 10. Turn is a 10. I lose.

This isn't a bad beat post. This is my first experience against a known pro. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way I'd call a pot-sized bet PF with that hand that early.

DemonDeac
02-09-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way I'd call a pot-sized bet PF with that hand that early.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

wegs the wegs
02-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Under normal circumstances, yes. But you fellows seem to miss the part that it was $1.10 meaning he would bet the pot here with anything. A pro really wouldn't take this too seriously now would he? Neither would I. I called because I had the best hand preflop.

AtticusFinch
02-09-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Under normal circumstances, yes. But you fellows seem to miss the part that it was $1.10 meaning he would bet the pot here with anything. A pro really wouldn't take this too seriously now would he? Neither would I. I called because I had the best hand preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but why not wait for a better opportunity when you know you'll be paid off?

JoeTable
02-09-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but why not wait for a better opportunity when you know you'll be paid off?

[/ QUOTE ]

because this was a $1.10 SnG? Just a thought.

wegs the wegs
02-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Well figuring I flopped TPTK it was a perfect time to get paid off right? There wasn't going to be a better time because both he and I were not taking it seriously. Why would he spend any effort trying to win 4 dollars when he could win a $215 Multi?

I would call his pot size bet every time here.

It was just for fun.

microbet
02-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Well, he could win 1/7 $215's, maybe.

lorinda
02-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Order of likelihood to not make an error against your AJ here.

High stakes pro
Known high stakes pro
Keen one-tabler
Mid-limit pro
2+2er
2+2 newbie
Fish
Gambler
Known high stakes pro goofing around.

I think you played it fine.

Lori